ABIT BH6 AGP 2x/4x Rev 1.0 vs 2.0

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by zippe, Jan 26, 2001.

1. zippe

zippe Guest

Does anyone know if I can plug in a Leadtek Winfast GeForce2 GTS AGP card into an <BR>ABIT BH6 rev 1.1 motherboard? I realize that this is a 2x AGP slot and the the video card is 2 or 4x, but I am worried about the minimum system requirements listed on the video card specs. The video cards says min AGP rev 2.0 but the BH6 says it's a rev 1.0 AGP slot. Will this matter, and will a BIOS flash update effect this? Thanks

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I have an Abit BH6 rev 1.0 with a Leadtek Geforce GTS 32DDR.<P>Works great....now that I got rid of dat bad memory stick.<P>I read somewhere that the AGP slot was ver 2 on that board. Prolly wrong, I thought it was 1 as well.

3. zippe

zippe Guest

You're right, works perfectly. <BR>My original system specs: ABIT BH6 rev 1.1, 192 meg Corsair cas3 mem, Intel PII400, 3dfx voodoo 3 3000 agp 16meg, SB Live value, 230w power supply. I got 1365 on 3DMark2000 with NO tweaks. After putting in this card and changing nothing else I got 3377 (again NO TWEAKS) straight outta the box. That increase is pretty impressive for NVIDIA! I guess I won't be using 3dfx Voodoo anymore! The PIII 850 is on the way which will bump that up some more :)