A tribute to the best looking game ever - Crysis

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TDurden, May 18, 2017.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    there is a deep contrast btw how it looks in outside areas, and the inside areas, insides look totally dated and trash, while outdoors yes it still holds up because it was ahead of its time in the graphics department, animations are stiff yes agree and ive said many times before, i can;t play games with rigid animations anymore, the movement in sniper ghost warrior 3 and the crysis 2 and 3 games feels much more alive and smooth, and weapon models have advanced aswell.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Stiff animations don't bother me.
    Just people hold Crysis up as if it's on another level, when in fact... it is a product of the time it was released.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It's Star Citizen ships, this project got feature in 'player of the week' from CIG, the developers of Star Citizen. :D

But the focus of my answer was the Forrest which is using a simple painter over a height map, it create trees, grass etc.. automatically.

I used a custom Unreal engine build with a couple Nvidia tech, like volumetric lightning and fluids.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So.... even further into my replay of Crysis. Out of the alien ship, into the frozen jungle... and I'm really having to force myself to play.

While, it really does look amazing... fighting the Ceph is so bad. They are bland and tedious in combat, can kill you in one hit... even with full armor. And, the level design funnels you down a single path, removing the open ended nature of the earlier levels.

Meh I say. Meh.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ceph?

That name exists in the original game?

6. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    LOL, I had the best gfx card from both nvidia and ati at the time of the online beta was going on.

LOL, I was running like less then 10 fps, Muahahaaa.

Took awhile to run the game cause modern system at that time couldn't run crysis, hence:

Can it run Crysis????

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No. They are never referred to as the Ceph in the original game, but... as we learn in the sequels... it's what they are called.
    So... screw it.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Usually when i load Crysis i play until the frozen boat in the jungle and then stop :p

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I was going wtf my memory is dying!?

Ceph are the weird walking aliens with guns right?

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Actually the same aliens. The squid like things you see inside the ship, the zero gravity bit... those are Ceph.

The differences between the first game and the sequels, are the exo-suits the Ceph use for combat.

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Any way of stopping this game from being locked to 50Hz with vsync enabled? Can't stand screen tearing and gsync doesn't appear to work. :/

12. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    You think that's bad? Try playing over HDMI. 24FPS limit is just great :bang:

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    wwhat r u talkigng abt man, i play on hdmi on tv and there is no limit , game is smoothly at 60 fps

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    It's an insult to Crysis by comparing it with ARMA.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The 24hz bug is common, but fixed for me by hitting alt and enter a few times.

Why has an Arma comparison came up?

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And finished with Crysis.
    Didn't finish the game, but, done. Made it to the second the last level, Ascension. Flying the Vtol.

And... four times in a row, I've made it to the end of the level... and the game shutdowns.
    There's some scripted dialog between Nomad and Psycho. The screen fades to black, and then... back at desktop. I've tried quick saving before the end, replaying the entire level. And a couple other things, but each time, same spot, the exact same result.

So... done. Uninstalled. And moving on to Crysis: Warhead.

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    crysis warhead is just 1 level and then its totally flat boring campaign, i didnt like it at all, crysis is better.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    1... level?
    Warhead is almost as long as Crysis. And, I liked it better.
    Slightly better visuals, much better performance (since they dropped DX10)... Psycho was a more entertaining character then Nomad. And better pacing.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the first level and the second maybe were ok, but then when u get to the airfield , its just a boring ending to what should have been a dlc to the campaign of the first game, and not a game on its own, the ending of crysis is more of a grand finale rather than the simplistic finish i would say of warhead.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I really enjoyed the frozen levels in Warhead, much better then the frozen level in the first game.
    And, there's a lot that happens between the second level and the finale on the airfield.
    Of Warhead's 7 levels, the only one I didn't like was the airfield. And, just because the final boss was incredibly disappointing. But, still, felt more solid then the ending of the original Crysis.

And, I find it funny you say it should have been DLC... when people beg for expansions and stand alone addons and hate DLC these days.
    And really, Warhead has a good size to it. 7 levels, compared to the first games 11.