A tip for you internet connection

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mudgunner, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mudgunner

mudgunner Active Member

GPU:
    ati rad 3200+2600xt
    reas again i said DMZ if for people like me who only use pc for gaming and email so im on the dmz.

If one was to need a secured network then i gave instruction as to how to find out what ports or specific exceptions need to me made.

I mean i just went back and read again and thats what it looked like i was saying and yes i had to clear it up after a few people made comments and that im thankful for.

AS for you, you obviously have a hard time reading and chose to see only what you want.

Go back again and look at how i explianed at how i used my pc and i iwas on dmz however with most they need to make the proper exceptions in firewall and antivirus.

At first i didnt explain it clearly cause here again i assume what i shouldnt.
    I have two pc's.

one for games which is this one and the other for personal apps and all that crap therefore only one pc needs to be fully tightened and the other i can keep loose and long i do the proper maintenance.

The test were not to show how great the connection was but to show how a few simple adjustments can dramatically increase rx by 10000 kbps.

im gonna guess you didnt see that either, gonna guess you only read what the final speed was.....am i right?

If i am wrong can someone like mitzi please say so......you guys know i am more than happy to hear input as long as its not from some arrogant prick that couldnt keep his lunch money for not even one day so this is where he thinks he has power.

ill clarify one more time so your mind can understand. if you have a pc just for gaming and dont so much else dmz is fine as long as you still run proper software.

If you are doing your banking with the pc and secured info by no means use it dmz but make the exceptions(port forwarding) for the port or .exe.

CAn anyone tell me how that is against what he is saying. Furthermore if the proper exceptions are not made it is not definate that it wont work it depends on all setting and the firewall itself.

Most common kicked message for cod4
    "Error punkbuster communication handshake failed"
    Most common fix make the proper exceptions in AV/Firewall
    this is fact not a theory go look for yourself in forums.

With vista the problem sometimes lays eslewhere due to UAC.
    I would have to trick mine every now and then.

it would give me that error then i would have to restart game as admin then without in order for it to trick the handshake to occur.

This is why my UAC is disabled.....problem solved never came back.

And yes im a firearms nut. I use to distribute firearms to military law enforcement and retail shops across america and still to this day help retail shops broker off the excess.

I worked for IAC....theyy the jerks who bring in norinco shotguns and they use to bring in the mac90 ak's from china. there for 2-3 years to take a break from working my ass off 50 hours a week.

This is why i play games cause its too damn expensive to go shooting every day so i chose to do it digitally.

I also have found that most people who disturbed by guns are the people who are too weak to shoot them or have been shot at too many times.

i suggested a gun simply cause from the way you talk to people someone will do it for you someday but in a more painful way.

also from your lack of ability to interpret a forum in its entirety i figure if you were to kill yourself you would try it with a spoon.

i cant believe i have to explain this but "with all do respect" is a way of saying one understands and can somewhat respect the point from the other however disagrees on parts of it.

To say it in its proper old english fashion with would be "with all respect ado" and i have no need for words like ado in my vocabulary.....sorry if i dont speak old english for you.

AS far as winning i will never see it that way. Its not about winning its about making sense and when other points out a flaw i corrected.

I won once i seen a post of one person saying "i didnt know that" i will do that.
    That was my purpose for making the post and my purpose is served.

Now with this said look at what you wrote and ask yourself what was your purpose.....to contribute or try to start a battle.

Sorry man but its your battle not mine cause i already accomplished what i needed to......you havent.

sure you know how to insult but you shown very clearly your intentions were to be a jackass and to try to inflame.

This goes to show your nature and quite frankly you only hurt yourself man. Good luck to you learning what humble means and how to actually make a friend.

BTW a Three page forum thread i wouldnt call a fail, it got respones some negative some good and thats damn good for a forum. seems like a success to me......anyone else have a thought on it

i do have one question? if you are so much better than everyone then why did you bother reading the post anyway.

Doenst make sense unless my theory is correct that all you wanted to do is cause trouble.

How many times can i say in one forum this info doesnt apply to those who know it already.....i would think it would be common sense that you dont read it if you already know everything there is to know.

I cant help cut correct your ealier post as well. i said disabling qos is a good idea and in fact have it disabled on mine....so wheres your aguement
    second correction i am the owner of this house and where do you see in my speed that someone is taking my bandwidth. If im on the dmZ with this machine and my hop doesnt even hit the router and the other pc does with all filtering enabled as well as 128wep then how am i getting the lesser bandwidth....please explain it for me cause youre theory absolutely makes no sense.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. mudgunner

mudgunner Active Member

GPU:
    ati rad 3200+2600xt
    exactly what i thought.......i can hear the crickets

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  3. crazyguy08

crazyguy08 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX285
    yes i actually wasted 20 minutes of my time reading this thread because i wanted to learn how i could increase my wireless speed from computer. I use the wireless G USB on my rig that gets the internet from a wireless G router. I never heard of B or N and i learned some things. but holy crap the drama i had to sift through makes me think everyone is on the rag. note to self, ill never ever post tips , ill keep em to myself = ) I dont intend to get flammed for posting but hell i had to say something because it was annnoying as sh1t trying to read this thread to get ANY useful info out of it.
    try to visualize this thread with cartoon characters for each posting member and have balloon captions of everyone bitching. NOW that would make this thread perfect lol

4. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    lollercopter. Man you're crazy.

I don't care how much you backtrack, I remember reading "If you are on a router you should without a doubt be on the dmz or demilitarize. " That's awful advice, and people will see that and think its true.

5. mudgunner

mudgunner Active Member

GPU:
    ati rad 3200+2600xt
    you are right i did say that and i was thinking in terms as to how i have my setup.

I did retort on what i said then gave further explanation and b4 you said anything i apologized for assuming what i dont know which is everyone uses the same setup as me which is ignorant.

I figure most people have two different pc's like i do for different purposes. SImply cause my gmae rig is for performance and the other is for simple tasks.
    When it comes to games it can be a pain in the ass turning crap off and on so thats why i keep my setup the way i have it.

I truly hope when i explained it all would get what i was saying but the fact is i made a statemet based upon assumptions and i later broke it down to my gaming pc didnt need to be fort knox.

I wish i was clear and precise at first but you can see i tried and if it was a simple conversation the garbage wouldnt have happened.

Forums can be a pain but as long as everyone can talk with respect anything can get solved.

In future just know a simple comment works with me like "dude not a good idea for all pc's to be on dmz" and i would have simply replied "true" then further explain how i had two rigs and why to me it made it easier and better.
    Like i said before when im wrong i can admit it and have no problem with that.

All im saying is if im trying to help a situation the last thing i want to do to someone trying to help is start calling names because of an error.

The way i see it im done and if i ever see someone trying to inflame a situation im just gonna ignore cause there is quite a few good dudes here who know their crap and are down to earth.
    Im no admin but the way i see it topic is closed

perhaps in future ill make a rough draft and hire a team of political analysts to interpret it...lol joke was not intended towards you personally man.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  6. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    thread lock? this is going nowhere.

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    and now for something completely different..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8

mudgunner ignore pystek he made a flame attempt at me. if you're gonna post pystek would be nice if you stop loling @ people. its just irritating.

i didnt need to know your 260 get more min fps than my 295. the issue was a problem with company of heroes not whose graphics card is better. tbh i dont care just want the damm thing to run my games smoothly. as am sure most people do. battling flaming over min max av fps is all fairly pathetic.

i cant see what people's problems are. the op has made an informative post. ok somtimes his syntax isnt so hot but then its your choice to read the post no?

a lot of you seem like any chance u get to have a bash at some-one you will. 2 many epeens and fragile egos here i think.

i'll put myself into this bracket as i do admit i personlly have responded to crap when i shouldnt.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  8. mudgunner

mudgunner Active Member

GPU:
    ati rad 3200+2600xt
    thats the techie world for ya.....for some reason some people get angry when another tries to realy info and its always a matter of ego.

I agree the thread already made the point and clarifications it needed so there is no reason to keep open.

psytek im glad you changed your tone, it shows that at least you are trying.

9. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    I wasn't angry, I just think it's highly irresponsible to give out advice that let's face it, was seriously dangerous.

From the perspective of the average user, its a massive risk to put a windows computer with basically no security on the internet, I mean, just knowing your IP someone could easily hack into your computer if it isn't behind any kind of firewall or NAT protection.

And btw, when someone tells you that you're wrong, that's not flaming.

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    please dont mention the dmz i think i am in war-movie and this is internet connections we are talking about..

"**** they are inside the dmz" mmm platoon maybe. err i digress hehe.

11. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    No this thread shouldn't be locked!

It has some useful info :)

I love guru3d [​IMG]

12. mudgunner

mudgunner Active Member

GPU:
    ati rad 3200+2600xt
    im only gonna say this one more time......it isnt what you say it is how you say it. The fact is the first time i did say it wrong then later explained without you saying anything.

It is the way you say things that makes you a douche not what you say.

You come off as smug, rude, arrogant, and a flat out pain in the ass.

Look at how others corrected me and i responded with kindness......go look back and ask yourself why is it you got a rude response......perhaps cause you deserved it!!!

13. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    You told me to shoot myself in the head... I'm never gunna stop being rude to you until hell freezes over.

I like how you need to win... like, even though I'm just baiting you and baiting you, you can't leave alone... you make it too much fun.

You are desperate to prove you know something about a subject you've demonstrated that you know nothing about, and you think that by beating me in an argument that means you know about computer networking. It's just ridiculous.

Anyway, have fun in your dmz, Might wanna buy yourself a good AV program.

14. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    alright guys thats enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.