A single gtx580 can handle all games or do i need sli my gtx570?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by YuKsS, Apr 25, 2011.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The OP wants FULL MAXIMUM SETTINGS....helps if you read what people actually want prior to making a post...

GTX460 can't run WoW smooth at "maximum settings"... Between Shadows and Sunshafts, the card simply chokes... Of course, at my settings...a 768mb GTX460 will run out of memory as my card uses upwards of 880mb of vram according to Afterburner.

GTX260 can't run "max settings" on a few new games due to lacking DX11 support...

2. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    well without mentioning names, I've talked direct with one of the head dev's for BF3 that's the reason I added a 2nd 560ti and a little more ram..

plus the performance is just killer now

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    in some scenarios my card handle metro high

[​IMG]
    I see it shows 9 as min fps but it never showed that on the screen
    they should publish a bench mark for bf3 ahead of the game so people can bench

4. MrBox

MrBox Guest

Personal insults are generally an indication of lack of intelligence.

I'm not spreading "mis information". Please tell me and the forum what exactly am I spreading that is "mis information".

You are obviously still missing the entire point of my OP. It was simply stating a fact that the gtx 460 can't handle every game on maximum settings. Take a look at the other games that 460 owners are listing. They use the card and openly admit it can't max the settings out. So I am spreading mis-information? I think not sir.

As for the personal insults, see the first sentence of this post.

I really don't see how else you can refute my OP. You still refuse to answer any of my past questions while I gladly type responses to your emotion fueled posts.

5. MrBox

MrBox Guest

Now that would be sweet! Hopefully they do something like that. A lot of game devs are starting to catch on to that by releasing a benchmark with the demo.

6. plodge85

plodge85 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    Is Metro 2033 an awesome game? Or do you guys just look for the game with the most difficult grahics engine for your gpu to render and get off when you see a constant 60 fps? :p Probs a noob question!

7. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    First. So, you run everything nice right now right? And ur worried about a game that didnt came out? And still you want to upgrade now, for a game that didnt come out?

Your reasoning behind the upgrade doesnt make any sense. Upgrade when you have troubles running the game. Not cuz you may have problems and you dont know yet.

So, wait dude. Just wait. By the time B3 comes out, probably there will be some new cards on the market and if you upgrade now and that happens, that upgrade would be useless.

Buying for the future in this kind of thing generally doesnt work. Buy new things when current things dont run nicely. Then your current games will run nice and you'll have some space for near future games. If you do otherwise, you'll be always be raped in the ass by new cards (in this case, 28nm cards), new directx (not probable right now), new killer games (this is what you avoid if you wait) and that kind of things.

My point is. Right now you dont know for sure if a GTX580 would be enough or if it would worth something at the second half of the year. So wait and see. My bet is that you wont need an upgrade.

8. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    You are tossing out "blanket statements" which is misinformation in my opinion. I said the GTX460 can handle any game in 1080P. I have never played Metro2033 so I honestly didn't know if it could, obviously it can't and I conceded to that. But that is 1 single game out of what? 50+ games on the market today? So your blanket statement of it can't is misleading because what you should have said is it can't do 1 single game but everything else it probably can. You follow?

On a side note BF3 will run just fine on a GTX460. It would be insane for EA to release their most popular game title that requires a GTX580 or better to run. Think about it please...

9. draker696

draker696 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 570 1.25GB
    I can max out crysis 2 at 60+fps with custom forced 16xAA with my gtx 460 overclocked with stock cooler.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    thats a lower resolution, since you only have 1GB , and that cant handle crysis @ 1080p with 16xAA

-edit-
    scrap that, i read crysis1, and you ment crysis2 :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

11. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:

So can I at least with the demo. Seems the only game our GTX460's have a hard time with is Metro2033. No loss for me as I have no interest in playing it anyways...

12. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    SLI 570's work very well.

13. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    LOL great advice. Also, drop your resolution down to 800x600, and maybe drop colour depth to just greyscale too.

Why have a top card and turn off features like AA? Ridiculous

14. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Give me a break! AA is ridiculous!! It dosen't add anything to the game only take performance away! Anyone that would pay hundreds of dollars more for a VGA card just to add in FSAA needs to give there head a shake! Other then still screenshots FSAA does absolutly nothing to a game...

15. MrBox

MrBox Guest

I'm not even going to attempt to reply to you this time. I guess some people just like to remain ignorant.

16. MrBox

MrBox Guest

If anyone is spreading misinformation it is YOU. AA takes performance away? Of course it lowers frame rate performance! IT makes the game look WAY better.

The only reason you are arguing this is because you bought a gtx 460 and you want to defend it to the death. You feel if it can't handle every game then it's insufficient. This feeling you are having is called insecurity. I've never seen anyone get so defensive over a piece of inanimate hardware like an nvidia fan.

17. MrBox

MrBox Guest

That's nice? You obviously didn't even read the sentence of mine that you quoted.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I think you need glasses tbh

19. MrBox

MrBox Guest

Incorrect again. Metro 2033 is just a perfect example that proves my original statement. You can't seem to get your head around that statement though. All you hear is "someones attacking my gtx 460!!!".

20. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    FSAA does not make a game look better...Do you honestly think in a heated game of say BC2 you have time to stop look at a stair case and say to yourself :

"ZOMG! I see little jaggies on those lines" and now I feel my gaming experience has been taken away from me!!!

LOL

Too funny, you guys cease to amaze me with your 12 year old mentalities...