A Razer Chassis...Finally

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by blesner, Jan 7, 2014.

1. VENGEANCE

VENGEANCE Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1070 HOF @2164
    neither yes nor no ...cant make up my mind whether i like it or not

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I too solve my internal conundrums via double posts.

3. Sqeak

Sqeak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI PE GTX670 2GB
  4. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Now it looks a bit more interesting.

While I dislike how it looks, they asked an important question - how long can ATX survive? It's like a concept car - it's not meant to be driven, but to make people think.
    We can already see PCI-E raisers used in miners and Steam Machines. If someone has ever tried SLI/CFX, they know how difficult it is too keep these cards cooled. Having a noiseless powerful gaming PC is also a challenge. They took radically different approach than Apple with their latest Mac Pro, but to address a similar problem with conforming ATX standards.

Current mobo layout looks like it looks in order to allow expansion cards being placed in the expected places and eliminate as much interference as possible. However there are ways to move the additional features away from the mobo, so we could have mobo with CPU and a lot connectors that would route PCI-E to other places.

Just look at how computer cases look - they are more or less the same, except for mobo being rotated by 90 or 180 degrees in some Silverstone models. Imagine buying a case where you put your tiny mobo along with CPU in some compartment, while arranging storage and video cards in a way it allows high-performance cooling at low noise without requiring assembling extra water cooling set.

In my opinion there should be a new standard, where mobos would be small and should have sockets for PCI-E extenders + a standardized way to connect everything with some sort of liquid cooling.

5. kislotikas

kislotikas Guest

GPU:
    8800GT Zilent OC 512MB
    I like it

Exactly, i like something new and interesting, give us most crazy cases you can think of and some one will like it ;) this one is ok i guess

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    that is like the ultimate dust collector million. and looks fugly to boot. I got two cases raven RV01 which I love and NZTX Phantom black... Obsidian showed earlier is smexy tho.

7. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    I like how people here don't read or understand what they're looking at :p "Tech gurus" indeed.

8. ROMA_TUROK

ROMA_TUROK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
  9. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    The subscription model for the latest hardware is interesting. They need to flesh that out a bit more, but the core idea may work for some. However, for others the old fashioned DIY model is more fun. I belong in the latter category. ;)

10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Doesn't take much to understand that this is retarded.

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Very interesting to be able to swap out oil cooled components that easily but it would be expensive as it is ugly, so extremely expensive. I can't imagine how they could make their subscription idea work, if they could make that affordable that would be amazing, I'd put up with the hideous appearance.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It is a good idea, concept. But that is besides the point when the thing is executed as ugly as possible, there would be better way to make stuff modular. And cometh from razer it would have silly price too.

13. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    :puke2: :puke2: :puke2:

14. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I really appreciate it on the conceptual level... but on current demo implementation level, it looks very very very expensive if it's feasible (given how varied GPU board sizes are already) at all.

That and I had terrible run with Razer products regards to their reliability (keyboard and controller both showed serious defects within 3 months FFS) so I would never trust them enough to dish out on entire system like that.

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Man this ranks up there with the new Mac Pro design lol. I don't see how tech people are going to use this. Also this does not surprise me because Razor had some ugly looking Mice as well.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I was thinking someone along those lines... Trying to figure out how they managed to develop drivers for a PC case....lol

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Reminds me of that Thermaltake case that came out not too long ago...

18. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    So I should socket something in my dimm slots of doubtfull reliabilty so i can socket my ram in something else 60cm later?

No way thanks... it sounds and it smells like bull****.
    And videocard connector how wide it will be to be pciex 16x 3.0 compliant?

mmmm i prefer to ask michelangelo to build me a custom case, probably it would cost less.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This.

And that concept was flop too.. Overheating.