a New Titan Xp is coming very soon , collector's edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by kx11, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Silva

Silva Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    In 2008 I paid 330€ for Nvidia best, the 9800GTX.
    How much does Nvidia best costs today? Ya, no milking...specially when they on propose don't release the full GPU and then come up with Ti's and multiple Titans with names that confuse the crap out of consumers.
    Everyone buys what it wants, and I understand that people who made the jump to 4k really need the performance. How about the people gaming at 720/1080p with a 1080Ti? Oh, it's an investment for the future you say...those people will buy the next thing when available...and still that's ok, but messes up the market driving prices up.
    PS:Mining sucks, I was hit hard by it because I couldn't buy the card I wanted.

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Man o man You hardly see anyone using Radeon cards anymore, Nvidia is holding it down big-time! I have been a loyal fan since the Gtx 580 I never looked back since then and unless Amd can do something Drastic I am staying with team green who cares about the price premium they desirve it in my opinion.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    I laughed so hard..i make it a picture.

4. jazh23

jazh23 Member

GPU:
    Asus 660 ti 2GB
    "Collect Your Money Edition"...
    I would have liked to see a GTX 1060 TI and freesync support, but I have to stop dreaming, come on, it's nvidia...

typhon6657 likes this.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The 9800GTX was just a rebadged 8800GTS which was not the top range card. The 8800 Ultra was which debuted at $830. No G80 GPU’s were in the 9xxx lineup.

airbud7 likes this.
  6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    GV100 is barely out, so while possible, its highly unlikely.

possible yes, but unlikely due to state of SLI.
    not to mention duals are not NV thing since Titan Z fail.

be humble about it. Jensen's bragging getting out of hand.

That is some special optics right there ;)
    In my optics Jensen is proly the single biggest asset that the company has.

you and everyone here knows full well that 9800 GTX was not Nvidia's best

IMHO they are missing on additional revenue stream by being stubborn about VESA's Adaptive-Sync,
    but then again can you imagine the backlash from G-Sync owners.

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Just because he's a big asset and is usually right, that doesn't mean he doesn't have a annoying ego and poor sportsmanship.

8. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti@2GHz/WC
    Maybe a binned full GP102 with higher clocks + 16GB VRAM @ 512bits.

~ 1500 USD.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    They cant add +25% bigger mem bus just like that.
    At the very least they would need dedicated production line just for this one chip. They would lose money on this.

But how about.............. using already existing GP100 chip??
    They go for $6000+ inside Quadro P6000.

I bet they can sell them for $3000, and still make a buck.
    It wouldn't be much faster in gaming than 1080Ti, if any(it has less FP32), but the amount of tears this card would produce would be legendary :)

[​IMG]

10. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    @Emille
    Rofl. How is the 1070ti a bad deal?
    Just because its not the bet card for you, doesnt mean crap for thousands of other ppl out there.

Any 1070 i saw (even when boosting to 2.xx ghz) is not fast enough for R6 siege to do 1440p@60 (constant).
    I dont need a 1080 (if, i would rather get 1080ti then) so the 1070ti is perfect as i save some money over the 80, while still being significantly faster than a 70, and oc even faster than a stock/FE 1080 (which i considered before ti rumors).

11. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    The 3gb is the "normal" 1060, the 6gb is the ti...

Would you be willing to do your job for half your pay, starting tomorrow?
    Why should Nv drop prices then on a product (for more or less no reason)..?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  12. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    p6000 is actually gp102 , same as titan Xp, there is a quadro called GP100 though (link)
    , which uses the gp100 chip, haven't seen any "desktop workload" benchmarks of it though

If this thing is using a new chip(consumer side), it would have to be the gp100 which you mentioned, its been in production long enough that the yields are probably high enough that they can sell them cheaper, that and the sucessor the GV100 based acelerators are already available, hbm supply is much better than a year ago aswell.

13. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    Nvidia Titan "Open Your Wallet" Edition.

typhon6657 and user1 like this.
  14. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    ^This
    Unless you're in it for ridiculous bragging rights, and I do mean ridiculous, then you do not need anything from the Titan series.
    Please take my advice: Be smart about your GPU purchase. Don't just look at the price and the card specs, look at what your PC and your monitor needs for the games you want to run on it. If I'm a retailer and you come in to buy a Titan card then sure, I'll sell you one but I also want you to come back and buy more merchandise from my store. People who've blown all their money on something they didn't need do not tend to become long-term loyal customers. They eventually realize that they didn't need what they bought; knowing that they bought something they didn't need tends to sour the relationship between the customer and the store they unnecessarily unloaded their big piles of cash at. Making a few big sales here and their is great for the store in the short term but in the long term it's not healthy for growing my business. I want satisfied customers who will tell their friends that they like my store because they got good value for their hard-earned money, not former customers who will tell their friends that it's my fault that they made foolish purchase. So, In my store I have a motivation to help you find what you actually need, not just what you think you need.

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti

Can't agree here totally. I had the 9800 GTX. SLI was fine. Just not all games utilized SLI then.

SLI now is fantastic. I never had an issue with SLI since the GTX 780. When I say issue I mean compatibility. SLI is fine...nothing wrong with it. If you have ample power to handle it...you will have no issues with SLI.

The only downside to dual GPU cards, is when a game does not use SLI, You are stuck with a single slower GPU than a single version of it.

It's give and take there. Depends on the person if you don't mind that idea.

Can't put blame on imaginary issues. It's all preference.

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    @user1

My bad, Quadro GP100.

Back on topic: GP102 has ran its course. I dont see how they can make another Titan based on GP102.
    GV100 no wai.
    Hence it has to be GP100.

I cant be 100% sure it wont be something like GP102 with 24GB of VRAM ala Quadro P6000, but that would be hella stupid... nah, HAS TO BE GP100

17. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Winner of the 'Biggest load of tosh ive read today' award.

18. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    @typhoon6657
    the 6gb IS what was previously sold as ti, like they did with other chips (560/750 etc).
    if the 6gb wasnt a "ti", it would not have more cores than the 3gb.
    they might not label it as such (guess they wanted to keep that for the 70 and 80),
    but its still the same that was done with all (mid range) TI's..
    please show me more than 2 cards from Nvs lineup in the past 15y that had the same
    product name and had different specs on shades/cores etc.
    anytime it was the same name and different in hardware, it was a ti...

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1060/

and the question remains: would you do something for less money, than you did before?
    at least thats what i read out of your post, as
    #1 they have no "problem (hardware etc)
    #2 the cards are not getting replaced "next week", so no shelfs have to be "emptied"
    #3 they have no problems selling the cards

(S.M.: on) Nv are here to make money, not to give it away (sarcasm mode OFF).

not even talking about that Nv has nothing to do with the fact that cards are selling above msrp/higher than they should.
    blame mining/ppl buying cards like stupid (no matter price).

e.g. i have gotten an open box custom/oced 1070 for less than what i payed for a new 1060/6GB.
    thats what "we" get for, living in a mainly capitalism based society, you can get things cheaper if the demand is low,
    but also pay more if its not.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  19. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX2080 Ti OC
    Collectors edition, until the next overpriced top end card comes along, which isn't really collectors anything. Just dollar collecting, that's all most people see it as I think. NV get your sh*t together please. :(

20. m4dn355

m4dn355 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi 7870 GHz Edit.
    Still waiting for Titan Vista