a New Titan Xp is coming very soon , collector's edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by kx11, Nov 3, 2017.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Nvidia The Milking Way DLC.

Silva likes this.
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well done NVidia. Milk 'em more. For God's shake don't blame Huang but AMD's weakness and Raja's failure. No proper competition lead us here to this dead end. Only AMD fanboys translate "appropriate price tag for Godlike performance" into milking to be honest.

Andrew LB likes this.
  3. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Although I am Nvidia fan, I despise the Titan line. I find it just a little bit insulting that Nvidia is milking their loyal customers in this fashion, and I cringe whenever I see it mentioned. Although I always buy high-end parts for my PCs, I will never buy a Titan (I don't want to validate this kind of behavior, and I don't want a reputation as someone who spends money recklessly).

And now, it seems that Nvidia is taking the milking to another level! As an Nvidia customer and stockholder, I am NOT happy. Frankly, I would accept a 20% decline in the value of my Nvidia stock if it means the death of the Titan line.

Silva and schmidtbag like this.
  4. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    I was thinking the same thing. I have a couple known good cards that I've held on to over the years just in case I need to diagnose a problem, but I've never met anyone with a collection of video cards.

5. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Oh well guess nVidia was right there will be no volta for quite some time with the 1070Ti and a new Titan i can't see Volta coming out before august next year.

6. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Titan XPPP

Silva likes this.
  7. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Love the Green light on that puppy!

8. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    lol! :p

Beat me to it. I came specifically to post this. :D

Titan XPpP (pronounced Titan X-Pi Pi Pi)

9. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    In the future, we will see Titan XP SCREEEE RA PAT PAT PAT PAK CAC CA SKEBEDE PAT CAC ana pootoo bORRO BOOM skeeYAT TOOT TOOT coot coot

Silva likes this.
  10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh great that guy is dancing on top of the mountain again.\
    well I wonder when the 2kusd bombshell Is going to drop

11. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Some people keep repeating that, but what chip they use makes no difference. They don't even use the Gxx0 chip anymore at all for consumer cards. What matters is the performance, and the x80 models have consistently increased the performance over previous generations. 780 was still 25-30% faster then 680, its of no real relevance what chip this was based on. 1080 was almost 50% faster then 980.

12. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Silva/DW75/others
    anyone holding a gun to anyone's head and force them to buy anything? no?
    then there is no milking.

and if you take the time to look at the prices for the top chips (1st/2nd biggest (consumer) Nv was selling in the past 15y,
    and compare them to MSRP for 1070/1080, please show how much they went up in price.
    and dont compare the inflated mining prices...

and the biggest and second biggest product in a company's lineup are NOT mid-range products,
    just because its not cheap/powerful enough for "you".

besides that, if anything can be called milking, its car companies selling a car with "less" (weight etc) for a higher prices, and so far Nv isnt doing that.

And this wont be a "new" card. to be able to release a collector's edition,
    there has to be a "regular one" before that, so...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  13. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This is not milking anything, it's creating a card. no one has to buy it. everyone is free to buy any of the cards they want.

Don't think many people go to car companies saying they're milking a car by creating different version and/or series of it. This has always been the way with all sorts of products. Titan's have always been the top end silly cards that 99.9% will not even touch. we are and never were the market for it. just like most of us are not the market for Ferrari's and so on.

This is also why cards like the 70/70ti/80 exist to give people more options in what they can and cannot buy for certain price points.

the x80 chip is not midrange, high-end range sure... maybe can be classed as top end range still considering the TI version of the 80 doesn';t normally come out for another year after the x80. midrange would be the x60/x70 chips with the x50/50ti being the budget chips.

Considering the 1080 crushed the 980ti from last generation it's quite hard to call a chip like that "mid-range"

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    But what's the point in releasing another full Pascal chip other then milking the process?, instead of giving us Volta.

So with "CE" you get green light on cooler?
    ..how original :D

15. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    I would really enjoy seeing a review of this graphics card by Hilbert!

16. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Gonna guess its either a highly binned titan Xp thats clocked at 2000mhz+, or a gp100 hbm card, probably the former.

17. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I game at 4k, the performance on my 1080 at 4k was so subpar despite it being a great card when I was at 1080p...that I upgraded to a 1080ti in the same generation. The performance upgrade from the 1080 to the 1080ti was as big as the high end card from on generation to the next.

If I had to game at sub gtx 1080 levels of performance which is what the 1070ti is...I would literally stop gamining.

Never in my life have I gamed at sub native res and 30 frames avg with dips at 4k is just pathetic for a $400 card.

The 1070ti is a terrible deal. Everyone would be better off paying $50 more and getting a gtx 1080

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If it's Volta I'll be all over this thing. Screw waiting another year to get it.

-Tj- likes this.
  19. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    In 2008 I paid 330€ for Nvidia best, the 9800GTX.
    How much does Nvidia best costs today? Ya, no milking...specially when they on propose don't release the full GPU and then come up with Ti's and multiple Titans with names that confuse the crap out of consumers.
    Everyone buys what it wants, and I understand that people who made the jump to 4k really need the performance. How about the people gaming at 720/1080p with a 1080Ti? Oh, it's an investment for the future you say...those people will buy the next thing when available...and still that's ok, but messes up the market driving prices up.
    PS:Mining sucks, I was hit hard by it because I couldn't buy the card I wanted.

20. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Man o man You hardly see anyone using Radeon cards anymore, Nvidia is holding it down big-time! I have been a loyal fan since the Gtx 580 I never looked back since then and unless Amd can do something Drastic I am staying with team green who cares about the price premium they desirve it in my opinion.