A new spike in the price trend of graphics cards can be spotted

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 31, 2021.

1. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti FE
  2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti FE
    Currently looking for £400 max price-range card, looked everywhere now and have been doing so the last week or so.
    Just here to let you folks know things are going south real quick, if you've your eyes on something 'decent' and are on the fence just go for it.
    I'm hoping to snag a used 1080ti from a relatively new ebay seller here in uk next week.
    i owned a 1080 when they first arrived, crazy times.
    *folks are going round emptying online shops of their stock.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  3. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I wonder if the manufacturers will even bother to release anything new in these crazy times , there is no point IMO.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I hope not :p

DannyD likes this.

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti FE
    Things are getting worse, incredible thing is best deals are on amazon right now, at least for me what i'm looking for, also i think if you're prime member they give you exclusives on certain cards.

-Tj- likes this.
  6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    paying attention to any news regarding "new gaming cards" is a complete waste of time

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    I see everything keeps getting worse and worse even in older legacy cards that i like to buy for fun v.moding and overclocking :( , even very low end HD 7770 and gxt 750Ti are double or triple the price they were selling for a year ago , so is not only new cards but all of them. Everyone and their dog has been doing the scalper thing on fleabay lately. Will this ever stop :confused: ? ... Sad times to be an avid overclocker.

Airbud, CrazY_Milojko and Undying like this.
  8. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Like I did... just get yourself wife, make few kids, there is always something to be done around the house... and there would be no time for you to even think about OC :( Monday to saturday 2PM I'm the one OCed to 110% so no need to OC anything else :D

Here is how one weekend day looks like now here on my side, former OCer, but now without (strenght and time for) late night weekend OC sessions: yesterday/sunday woke up before 7AM, got myself idling since early morning hours so had to do something to keep the brain clock a bit higher because low voltage on idle clocks is a bit unstable here on my side: breakfast, then almost 2dl of coffe on top of it, did the hedge trimming in front of our house + did the next neghbours hedge trimming too (haven't asked if they need/want to be done on their side, our hedges are tied together, it was 8AM, they were sleeping so... I had to do it), while doing it "clocks" got a bit higer, took one beer while doing it and "voltage" got a bit unstable, there was a condense all over my "pot", so after doing hedge trimming (2 hours and so for almost 20m of hedge, God I'm geting old, but it was perfect at the end, it always is) had to do something else to keep the clock/voltage higher: did some pool cleaning and put some chemistry into the water (don't aks why I'm doing it because no one is using that one for almost 2 weeks, way too cold here over the night, no way for sun to heat up the water over the day), next few hours got muself busy pulling every single piece of grass from the driveway by hand/fingers (OK, not just by hands/fingers, I was using some old knife also). Clocks got a bit higher, almost 5MHz out of max 7.09379MHz so finally around noon clock/voltage got stable enough and I could continue the day :D

9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    :D

10. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    :D

chispy likes this.

11. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Just when you think GPU prices/shortages in April/May 2021 couldn't get any worse... :(

Imagine being "fresh blood" teenage PC gamer looking to spend, during the summer days hard earned, lets say 1500 bucks for a great gaming PC with 144Hz monitor, ZEN3 or 10/11gen Intel, fast NVMe SSD.... and only GPU you could buy atm is either GT 1030 (here, believe it or not today saw GT 1030 GDDR4, and it was even more expecive than GT 1030 GDDR5, WTF!?)... then it goes biiiiiiggg nooooooothiiiiiing followed by massively overpriced 6800XT, 3080... I can imagine look and the tears in the eyes of those realising hard earned 1500 can't get them anywhere close to owning a powerful gaming PC.

From the NikTek YT channel:
    NikTek.jpg

All we can do is to send prays to GPU Gods so they let our current GPUs live a bit longer.

This GPU shortage/price spike is shaking PC gaming industry foundations like nothing else before. Hope they're gonna hold on as long as it takes and PC gaming would rise again like a Phoenix stronger than ever. Until then... keep your swords sharp, brothers in arms!

Robbo9999, Undying and chispy like this.