A Gun Thread - Short Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by "Born"_*Leader*, Nov 19, 2009.

?

How many people here own guns?

1. Yes

5.2%
  2. Yes x1

5.9%
  3. Yes xMore than 1

27.5%
  4. None

61.3%
  1. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    isn't volkov from canada and he got an ak47?

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

That gun is really nothing special, just a cute piece of work.

The bottom barrel operates on a closed bolt principle and the upper barrel works on an open bolt principle, really quite simple.

:biggun:

3. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Wow! Nice gun. Thanks for the pics!

You keep it at home?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I use it in the army but I am allowed to take it home or everywhere for that matter.

This gun never ONCE jammed on me, the only jams I had with it were because of faulty magazines.

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I don't own any cause I'm too poor and I don't know if I could get one because i been diagnosed bipolar but I don't think they would be able to find out because that is confidential information and I never been in a mental hospital which they look for from when I last checked it out.

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I also experimented with some other options:

-"Doctor" Red dot sight that mounts above the Trijicon. I rejected it because it sits too high to be of much use to aim down and it is rather fragile.

-The reason I have a backup Iron sight mounted below and behind the Trijicon is that during my time in the Army I have broken two Trijicons in normal conditions, so I learned to always have at least two ways to aim.

-CQB Red dot sight instead of Trijicon. I personally found it very lacking compared to the ability and usefullness a Trijicon offers.

-I have tried many different handgrips and buttstocks, but I always found the original the most comfortable and reliable.

-Slings. A lot of people try one point slings and while I admit they are comfortable for long walks, they are also very limited in their usefulness. The best is a two point sling that attaches to the places in the pictures. The gun can sit at your side and also be slung to the back in need.

Just some tips I learned.

7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Nice, and some cool info in the other thread aswell. My mates in the Army here, I wish he was allowed to bring his L85 home!

8. Pyro the Dragun

Pyro the Dragun Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 555M
    I'm jealous.

I currently own:

Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm, like it but it has a tendency to jam when I put cheap ammo through it (and I love mah cheap ammo).

An ancient (80+ years old) Remington 12ga. semi-auto shotgun, still shoots like a champ.

An even older Remington 12ga. single shot shotgun, currently in pieces (tore it apart to clean and have yet reassemble the old dog).

A New England Firearms Pardner 20ga. single shot shotty, was cheap and great for trap shooting.

Hoping to get a few more guns, just can't yet justify spending the money.

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Here is the other gun I used in the army:

M24A1 with some Israeli additions:

[​IMG]

10. "Born"_*Leader*

"Born"_*Leader* Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTS450 OC in SLI
    I myself have never used a gun except for my Dad's air rifle which was epic back in the day. I had gained marksman status among my friends by having the gun by my side and quickly pulling off a shot with accuracy. I had also nearly been hit by a ricoche once as well.

11. You yankies and your "right to bare arms". Yeah...I need a G3 or klashnakov as a civilian because I like to go..um..ah...what the heck do I need a fully automatic for? Oh thats right, the government keeps telling us oneday we'll be over run by Islamic Jihadists...or zombies

12. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I've been hit in the head by a rebounding metal pellet from an air pistol, luckily was my forehead not my eye, didn't cut me luckily just left a bruise. Remember kids don't shoot CRT monitors.

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Troll bait.

Anyways after the army I am probably going to pick up a Glock pistol and a concealed carry license.

14. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Why do you think they are fully automatic?

Anyways I wish I could afford an machine gun, I need it for fun.

15. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Bet you'll miss the M4 then though!

16. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah I will.

I might pick up a M4A1 or equivalent carbine as well. And if there is any cash left over I might pick up a Remington 700 5R.

17. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    he has a point.
    americans (and yes thats a generalisation) should spend less time equipping themselves to kill each other (because thats what a guns for) and spend more time sorting out there health care system.

i cant believe the 'right to bare arms' still applies to a western society today, and yet people have the cheek to call many arabic nations as 'savages' - classy.

this has nothing to do with school incidents etc etc , that happens whether you take guns away or not - i just think its completely a case of 'double standards'

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  18. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Do I need to repeat myself?

19. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    I think you just did :p

Anyways, I'm in Florida and I have a guy that sells the M4 Carbine for 750.00 and AK-47's / various models of it for 450.00 all 100 % legal in the box w/ background check etc.

20. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    You know what? I'm tired of seeing things like "Yanks" and "You Americans this and that". I don't go around criticizing your nation and / or beliefs. Our country is different and always will be different from the rest. Stop saying what we need to be doing plzkthx.