A great CPU with this???

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Pigchild, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Today after work my teamate and co-worker shows me a new HP pre-built gaming mid-tower he purchased new for $1,600 bucks. At first glance it looked ok, but here is what I fail to understand... He gets an 8th Gen i7 six core (non-K series CPU) With a flimsy and cheaply made fan lighted and under cooled mid-tower, with a GTX 2060 vanilla card. That's really all he got for $1,600 but it gets worse... Check this out. The Micro ATX MOBO only has 2 RAM slots and all they provided for RAM was 1 stick of 16GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz. Wouldn't it be wiser to split that and go dual channel? I also can not understand why HP would marry a $325 dollar CPU with a $30 dollar micro ATX board and then add further insult to install a crap generic China made 450w power supply. Obviosly his bench scores are far higher than my 5 year out dated build, but It's all spec and no real balanced quality. I think he could have done better building his own.

mbk1969 likes this.
  2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Because there will always be a market to sell to people like your teammate and co-worker.