A Firewall to match wit kaspersky

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by [Peter], Jul 31, 2008.

1. [Peter]

[Peter] Master Guru

GPU:
    512MB GeForce 9800 GTX
    Hello, I am currently runing Kaspersky Anti-Virus & Maximum Spyware protection version 7.0, and I am looking for a good firewall to match up with his anti vir, since I know that not all programs with work fine with each others.

Also I need a good program to clean my registry or some kind of a program that would make my computer run smother, faster, better. I was looking at that thing on the top of gurus page "Tip: improve your hardware performance - Run a Free Scan for PC errors" so I tried to install it n run an instant scan but it displayed a massage saying it doesnt support 64-bit system and setup will now exit, so it didnt work i guess.

thanks anybody for help.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  2. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Are you running XP 64-bit ? Should the firewall be free ?

I can't say i know of many firewalls that supports x64 but i know Comodo and Jetico 2 does.

Comodo Firewall (free)
    http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html

Jetico Personal Firewall v.2 (pay)
    http://www.jetico.com/jpf2.htm

---

I wouldn't suggest running tweak software unless it's making adjustments you know what are and just can't be bothered to do manually, otherwise don't use them. Ccleaner is a pretty safe cleaner, both for files and registry although i wouldn't suggest removing any registry entries unless you know they are invalid, don't blindly trust software it can backfire.

Keep the system clean, don't install a bunch of crap you don't need, uninstall what you don't use, defrag the system regularly. If your behind a router just make sure it is setup correctly and then drop the software firewall (it uses system resources).