A few questions for you guys.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by coldfirenj, Mar 7, 2004.

1. coldfirenj

coldfirenj Member

GPU:
    BFG FX 5950
    Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my system. I have a FX 5950 so I really want to get the most gaming performance I can out of my system. Right now I have a 2.2 Intel P4 processor, no HT, an Intel MOBO 4x AGP, two chips of 256 RAM one 2700 and the other 2100. I think it would be wisets to get nicer, faster, dual RAM. I'm considering buysing this, http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-293&catalog=147&depa=1&section=3 Will it have a significent boost on my stsem's performance? Is my MOBO/processor really going to bottleneck me?? Please give me a heads up, and let me know if the RAM is my best investment for improving gaming performance.

2. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    if your motherboard is compatable with a c class p4(dont quote me but there should be a bios update to enable the acceptance of the p4c,it wont enable ht tho) i would say upgrade that first but if not then it probably wont make a big dif until you upgrade the 3 of them mb ram and cpu.so no it will help but you wont see a very big difference unfortunately.although if you are planning on upgrading all 3 then starting with ram is a good choice.(i would go with corsair xms,mushkin is good too tho) wont take much to get you where you want to be tho with new tech coming out prices will keep dropping.