A couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by TaylanK, Apr 1, 2010.

1. TaylanK

TaylanK Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 5850, 1 GB
    I have this issue i am facing where i see horizontal lines in every game while playing, i tried to fraps it but it does not record it so it looks normal, it kind of bothers me, i thought it would be a problem because of the old monitor but it also happens with my 24 inch Acer G245Habid Olympic Edition monitor, i had this issue with a GeForce 6 series card and another old ATI card (I think it was something with 8900 or a 9800 bought in 2003), the most times i see these kind of lines are on old games (CS, HL, Knight OnLine) and also with games when i set max AA (8x AA RE 5, CoD series), friends told me it could be vsync but it is always off but no luck.

Also when i am watching 720p clips with Media Player Classic, when a person isn't moving it is good quality but if the person moves i see these little cubes next to each other.

Both issues happen with youtube clips also and i guess with everything.

I have the 10.2 drivers installed but i did not try other drivers which i doubt it will help fix these issues i am having.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. TaylanK

TaylanK Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 5850, 1 GB
    up :|

3. TaylanK

TaylanK Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 5850, 1 GB
    I guess no one else has these kind of issues?

4. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    use vsync on.. and the boxex you are telling me about when playing video clips tells me that its a codec problem.

5. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    could be an artifacting graphics card? or more the still, perhaps a monitor on the way out?

its a shame you cant take a picture with a camera and upload it.

but as already pointed out by Steppis, try vsync on all games and try reinstalling the same codecs or different ones. :)

watching the 720p content, i presume you are using the MPC setup with the graphics support?

i dont understand why utube videos would do it, other than suggesting that the graphics card is playing up. have you got any other cards to test on your system?

6. TaylanK

TaylanK Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 5850, 1 GB
    I do not have any other graphic card to test but i think vsync on or off wont make a difference i think but i'll select always on and i doubt that there is a problem with the monitor it is 1 week old as of today.

I doubt that this is a hardware problem, it happened on my old 2 cards also 1 ATI & 1 NVIDIA

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  7. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Install the new drivers 10.3b or opengl preview

8. TaylanK

TaylanK Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 5850, 1 GB
    I can even notice those horizontal lines i get in games while i am on desktop, when i am minimizing my firefox browser for one.

9. TaylanK

TaylanK Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 5850, 1 GB
    Also i noticed something different when there is something in red in 720p or youtube clips basically in every video, i tried to take a ss and i think you can notice it, the little squares around the letters in red, compare the blue with the red:
    [​IMG]

10. rogue71

rogue71 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5870 / 3x U2410
    what os are you using?

11. rogue71

rogue71 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5870 / 3x U2410
    uninstall yor video drivers completely. run driversweeper and remove all the ati and nvidia files related to video. reboot. try a fresh install of the ati drivers.

12. TaylanK

TaylanK Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 5850, 1 GB
    I am using Vista 32 bit but i plan on upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit

13. TaylanK

TaylanK Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 5850, 1 GB
    Weird :/

14. TaylanK

TaylanK Member Guru