A bug perhaps?

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by HandsomeP, Jan 5, 2010.

1. HandsomeP

HandsomeP New Member

GPU:
    Radeon X850 XT Platinum
    Hi Ray,

I've been running ATI Tray Tools for over a year now (mostly because I had some trouble with my fan and wanted to keep an eye on the temperature of the GPU) and never had any problems. Recently I've had trouble with the display when playing games on:
    http://brettspielwelt.com/

I think the games are Java based and what's happening is that when I move the mouse it either repaints portions of the window or the portions go white. I had no trouble the first week or two I played online, but the last two times I experienced this problem. Is this a problem on their end or is this a bug with ATI Tray Tools? I am using default settings. I can send a video showing what is happening if you like, or maybe you can just test it out yourself and see if you can mimic the problem?

Thank you in advance,

HP

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Unload ATT and check game

3. HandsomeP

HandsomeP New Member

GPU:
    Radeon X850 XT Platinum
    If I unload ATT the game plays fine. I was looking for a different solution than that though. The game is really simple (think solitaire), so it's not like it's pushing anything graphics wise. Maybe it's java related? I guess you're famliar with the effect I'm describing? Way beyond my expertise, but if I had to guess I would say it has to do with some kind of buffer overflow or pointer being off. I was just wondering whether this had to do with:

1) a setting within ATT
    2) a flaw in the javascript game window programming
    3) a bug in ATT regarding a new Java build

Like you said, I can get it to work fine by unloading ATT, just thought I would mention the problem in case it was significant in any way.

HP

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Look in topic about exception list. You should put java.exe javaw.exe and a few other ajava related .exe files into applications exception list.

5. HandsomeP

HandsomeP New Member

GPU:
    Radeon X850 XT Platinum
    Resolved

Thank you, that worked.