9800xt

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by nivek007, Mar 23, 2007.

1. nivek007

nivek007 New Member

I am using the latest catalyst drivers, 7.2.
    My gfx card is the Club3d radeon 9800XT 256mb.

Getting a lot VPU recoveries in games.

What are the most optimal drivers for my 9800xt to decrease the VPU recoveries?

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    If VPU recover is kicking in frequently like it seems to be doing in your case, there is something wrong with your video card. You might want to try an earlier set of drivers, like for example Catalyst 6.7 (was a pretty good set IMO) just to rule out the possibility that it's a driver problem. If that doesn't help though, I'd say your card is biting the dust. Sorry.... :(

3. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    A lot of people, including myself, have had problems with 7.2... VPU recovery and other driver errors. Using driver cleaner my last attempt at installing 7.2 seemed to resolve my problems. But, many others it seems still are having issues with 7.2's.

4. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX-280 1GB
    Isn't there a way to turn off the VPU recovery feature?

5. zain15

zain15 Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GS 256MB
    Yupe, you just need to uncheck 'enable vpu recover' in the 'vpu recover' section when you are viewing CCC in advanced mode in advanced view. Check if the power plug connected to your gc is okay. There could be many factors to your problem. Try un-installing the driver. Go in safe mode, use driver cleaner pro, restart and install a fresh copy of drivers. It's just to get your doubts off.

6. snowolves

snowolves Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor ATi Radeon 9550 128M
    I strongly recommand NOT turnning off Vpu Recover.You can try older drivers first,such as 5.12,5.13,6.2,6.7,6.12.I don't recommand 6.8 because it caused BSOD on my computer and I heard others had that problem,too.
    Or you can check if the heatseat has too much dust on it,or if the fan is working,or the temperature in your case,etc.

7. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    ONCE AGAIN: If VPU Recover kicks in frequently, it is a sign that something is amiss. You can try a different set of drivers, but if VPU recover continues to kick in, your card is dying. Turning off VPU Recover will only make things worse. Anyway, do what you want, it's your card... :p

8. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX-280 1GB
    How will turning off VPU recovery make things worse? I thought when it was first implemented that it was no big deal to turn it off. Hmmm, I just checked and I have it on; I must have had it off with an earlier driver.