9800 X2 = $679.99

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by newr, Mar 7, 2008.

1. newr

newr Member

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI Water Cooled
    Yep, I saw it with my own eyes @ Fry's. These cards are priced @ $679.99 when they come in next week.

2. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    if its true, phuk that!

3. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    Jesus...what idiots will buy that??

Hardware need to be cheaper....not un-godly expensive....

I think I'll just get another GTX....

BEND OVER!!!

NVIDIA coming in!!:banana::banana::banana:

4. Lethal Abz

Lethal Abz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    cheaper than what a 8800GTX Ultra was!!

5. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    Exactly, so it does not really surprise me. However, when the 8800GTX came out it was a quantum-leap from the 7-series cards and a sound investment for 2 years. It doesn't quite look like Nvidia can pull this off again.

6. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    This is a bad move on Nvidias part, not sure what the MSRP is, but this card is about the same as the 3870x2 from ATI, so the price should be about the same.

:puke2:

7. outfromunder328

outfromunder328 Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS(640mb) @700/2000
    I agree that the 8 series was at least justified in the price, even if the difference between the normal and ultra versions of the GTX were not that significant.

However, from what I've seen starting from the 6 series, there always seems to be a market for these high-high-high end cards, even if the performance/price ratio isn't as great as the mid-high range cards.

That being said, I really wish people would stop buying into the hype that high price = high performance. For PC gaming to stay alive, component prices really need to come down, especially graphics card.

8. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    Graphics cards cost far to much compared to other compoments a 24inch 1080p tfts cost less!

9. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Hey it's FRY's, they've never had competitive prices around here (hoping online prices will be more reasonable).

Lex

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    If this is true it really makes the HD 3870 X2 look better and better. I hope this is not the final price of this card. Common nvidia dont make the 9 series a dud! Looking forward to the G100's very much!

11. worthy

worthy Master Guru

GPU:
    2 ATI hd 4870 512s
    I disagree.

For the 200 bucks less that we payed we got a sucko heat sink, sucko drivers, a sucko BIOS and sucko customer support.

On the other hand, there is no such thing as a 600 dollar video card that is worth the money. Especially the "gx2".

As of now, I consider them both "phenoms" until something improves.

Hell, I still don't have the damned replacement x2 I need to even try crossfirex in order to be disappointed myself! hehe

Both of them: FAIL!!!

12. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    im just going to spend another 200 and SLI two 8800GT's

13. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    uuh... i think what others are failing to remember.... is that this is "word of mouth" only..... and his only post so far. i'd say take it with more grains of salt than anything we've ever heard from the Inq.

14. DayDreamer

DayDreamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 @900,4300@1100mV
    I'd get it if it were $450 like 3780x2. Anything above $500 for this thing, I wouldn't touch it base on the pre. reviews. GTX may be a better choice.

15. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Exactly, if Hilbert had said it then I would take it as gospel, but this guy....uuuummmmm, no.

16. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    And besides, all you have to do is go to the site and see if it's there, which I can't find it. Hmmmm.

www.outpost.com

17. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    he said that it'll cost $679 NEXT week, when it's released, which i also find funny since we haven't even heard of a day when they'd be released. the only thing that was mentioned was that it'd be released "After Cebit '08".

18. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    15th is the release date, that has been said a few times.

19. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    oinkers, When is hilbert going to his full review on both the 9800GX2 and the 9800gtx/gts(if so)?

I hope soon. If theses so called cards performs lil better then the 8800gt I am going to pass and going to the next line up. This is terrible if its true. We been waiting all this time and the performance aint changing. :( I saw a score running an 9800GX2 with an quad core, default settings score was like over 14K+ mine with the dual core and sli 8800gtx twins I get over 16K+. But I could careless about benchmarks lol, I go after the real games for peformance. Crank up the rez and settings to strain the card on how much it can take. :) oinke donkie

20. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    If that price of GTX2 are correct the price of new GTX will be interesant. :)