9800 GX2 soft-mod into Quadro + Vista 64 = Is it possible ??

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Rotab3D, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Rotab3D

Rotab3D New Member

GPU:
    9800 GX2
    Hello guys ,
    Iam a total noob with these hardware settings modding so please bear with me ,
    I work as a 3D artist mainly on 3DsMax ... So getting my 9800 GX2 into a quadro is really something great :) I run Vista ultimate 64 and use Max2009 design .
    I searched all forums for an answer . and i totally get confused and lost , 1st i found this article here :
    http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=539
    but it turned out i can't get this NVstrap tab to appear on riva tuner , dunno why .. some people say because it's vista 64 and some peope say it's that riva tuner doesnt support G92 cards ,,, anyway
    I found this thread by gellmar > NVSoftQuadroX - SoftQuadro for 64-bits! :
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=264654
    Where he posted a script that i dunno what do with it .. copy paste it where and how ...i dunno ..Iam noob with that , sorry .. and does it work with 9800 GX2 + Vista 64
    So please can someone please help and tell me if it's possible or not !
    and if YES then how in a simple step by step way for noobs like me to understand :).
    Thank you in advance for your elp ...

2. juang3d

juang3d Active Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870 1024mb
    Is not possible, the software conversion to quadro of the nvidia cards has been abandoned because is impossible to unlock the opengl professinal capabilities, also i think that is not possible to get the G92 cards converted ti quadro because i think that there is no equivalent Quadro (i think, but i'm not sure)

Cheers.

3. andeciuala

andeciuala New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 Gx2 1GB
    The fx 4700 x2 is equivalent!!! But i cant finde the NVstrap bar.

4. Seeda

Seeda New Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 9600 GSO
    Yes and the FX 3700 is also equivalent,

This is a small part of the nvdisp.inf of the new Quadrodriver.

So i think the FX 3700 would be the better one, because the 4700 has that extension X2 i dont know what does it mean.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008