980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Timesgodjillion

Timesgodjillion Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    The cards never even touch 50c each with +275 on the cores and +400 on the VRAM. I have the original blower fans set 1:1 with the GPU temps, so they tend to linger in the 40-50% range which makes them inaudible. Sadly, there are no VRM sensors or anything, so I can't tell you that much, but I highly doubt they're too high considering I'm still running stock voltage and there's 4 fans (not counting the original blower fans) pushing air over them.

All in all, my computer is pretty much dead silent except for a subtle woosh of air.

2. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    thanx
    :):):):)

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Please do :)

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    here

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    The video card gets disabled automatically now, when it's disabled you are at a very low resolution. Don't restart bsod lose power etc while flashing. If your cpu oc is not 100% stable run default clocks.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Thanks guys. Will remember to flash at default clock this time (last time I tried flashing my 970s they got flashed but the screen shut down and never restarted). I did a hard reset and luckily all was fine.

7. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    My 140mm tri-SLI bridge *finally* arrived. Unbelieveable how much trouble such a small thing can be. First off they are very hard to find anywhere. The reseller where I got it had only 4 left in stock. You'd think those would be more common. Slotting three cards in slots 1, 4, 7 is the logical choice regarding thermals. Still few boards support that at all, and none yet are built to run full 16x/16x/16x PCIe in that slot configuration. I have to run in 16x/8x/8x, but as it is PCIe 3.0 the performance loss is minimal. I'll easily take that over sandwiched cards cooking.

Anyway, I finally have full 3DMark benches. Diminishing returns for sure. One card ran Firestrike at 16k points, two did 24k, three finally 30k.

8. kevin

kevin Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI gaming 6G
    got a single MSI 980Ti gaming 6 on my skylake system (6700K @4.5 ) ram @3000mhz
    card is over clocked to 1465 on the clock 3702 mem got a result of 19284 on firestrike,
    played 14 hours yesterday (titan fall BF4) no crashes everything on highest settings,temps max at about 70/75 fan on auto so it never went above 40prct.
    cpu is on water 980ti on air until I buy a block for it.

9. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Guys just a question

My both Galax 980TI HOF LN2 just arrived, they already have a high boost, something about 1420...

Now i have a question, will i gain some performance gaming if i overclock the memory? Or for gaming just the core clock?

Memory Oc worth a try?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  10. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vram oc imo is not really worth it on a 384 bit bus, may help slightly in benchmarks. Beautiful looking cards.

11. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Thanks, i usually only use for gaming so it not worth right?

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Depends on the game, some cases it can be significant enough to justify it.

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I'm very happy to be part of the club now :)

This zotac reference cooler is pretty junk overall, but at least now I'm not having hot air pouring into my case like it was with 2x 970 G1. Although they were great cards, I'm happy I chose to go with the TI since some of the games I'm playing are still in Alpha or somewere along in development, and in all their cases, they aren't supporting SLI.

Can't wait to get this under water as it can get pretty hot with stock cooler.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
  15. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080ti Vision OC
    Has anybody got some numbers on this? I just built a 980ti rig for a friend who is running 5760x1080.

I didn't overclock the VRAM but am wondering if I should go back and have a go.

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'd also like to read some numbers on this myself as I haven't noticed much of a difference on recent 384 bit bus cards. Only tangible benefit was oc 680 sli from 6ghz to 7.2 ghz but that was 256bit.

17. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I have a slight overclock on my ram why who knows. I also would like to see some results from ram overclocking to see if it is worth it whilst gaming.

18. southamptonfc

GPU:
    GB 3080ti Vision OC
    I'm going to test rFactor 2 later but I'm only at 1080p. I think it might be more effective at 5760x1080 which I can test on Thursday.

19. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    You will definatley see an increase in benchmark scores from Ocing Memory, but as far as tangible benefit in games...dunno, the odd fps here and there....but why not ? Its so easy to do and there is so much free headroom in the Memory then i'd argue do it. Just do a safe range such as ~7800mhz and leave it.

20. southamptonfc

GPU:
    GB 3080ti Vision OC
    ^^ Why not? Well I generally don't because GDDR5 has error correction. This means that an unstable overclock might not produce any visible sign of problems but can actually cause slowdowns as memory read/writes are re-tried.

You could have situation where you found a stable memory overclock but in a new game/driver update it becomes unstable. You might never know that your card is underperforming because of the overclock.

Anyway, in my totally unscientific test of 1 game, rFactor2, I went from stock to +150mhz to +350mhz, there was no significant difference in FPS, min, ave and max all within .5 fps of each other.

The GPU was at 100% in these tests but res only 1080p.