980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Some people purchase with a misplaced sense of morality. They don't realize if the market was switched AMD would be doing the same or worse things than Nvidia.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Yea so..., um WOW! Think about having those clocks 24/7 :)

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Ironically I'd be bashing nvidia with the rest of the amd guys if they released turds like that. Nvidia became the price performance king with the fury releases and amd users are now switching to the titan defense in having the fastest mini ITX card for near double the price of a 970 mini.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And also, they're saying a Fury / X is way better than a 980 Ti, how can they say it's better if the Fury doesn't even do over 16k firestrike graphics score? While the 980 Ti does on average 21k.

How the ****, and there's some people that bought the Fury, I just don't understand that lol.

I'm not sure about the DX12 argument either, how well or better is it gonna do in dx12? How can do it better in DX12 if the 980 Ti even just owns the fury just like that right now.. in dx11.

They think HBM and 4096 bit mem bus is their solution to all questions.

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DX12 is still uncertain nvidia wise, that no async compute for nvidia cards in the amd section was nothing but a troll fest.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    There has always been a significant performance difference not to mention better drivers and profiles for every gen of card Nvidia vs AMD. Its always been this way ever since i can remember and i can remember quite alot. The only thing that is different now is the hardcore AMD fans can see that Nvidia have wiped the floor with AMD well and truly.

You can only be ignorant for so long until you eventually have to succumb to the better tech. Nvidia has always been better just that some people were too stubborn to see it or knew it and didnt want to acknowledge it.

The 980Ti is just too much even for the hardcore AMD crowd:D

I knew this would happen eventually just didn't think it would take so long.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I am more of a fan of performance, that way you are not regulated to brand loyalty and be stuck with sup par products. I only buy the best performing cards and tbh, nvidia has been hitting home run after home run since I been with nvidia sli, started with the 7800gt series and never looked back. Ill take a several hundred mhz oc 980 ti over a 75mhz or so fury x every single time. Same price too boot, same price as the nano too. I only buy premium cards, if nvidia starts sucking the wont get my money.

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    My mind is bugging me a bit, how much an overclocked 980TI is faster than 780ti? is it a good time to buy the card? Pascal is just around the corner.

9. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3090 FO48U
    Hi Guru's..Just Like to share to you my experience..

Someone argued with me on some local website here in my country that Firestrike's Graphic is Not accurate..That CPU (i7 vs i5) affects Graphic Score and Should only believe in the score of Firestrike Extreme and Ultra..

So I tested by simulating those CPU by disabling some of the cores and hyperthreading of my CPU..

Here's the Result..As you can see Graphics Score is almost the same with the three..

Firestrike with 8C/16T(i7 5960X):

[​IMG]

Firestrike with 4C/8T(i7 4790K):

[​IMG]

Firestrike with 4C/4T(i5 4690K):

[​IMG]

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tbh even the Nvidia Riva TNT cards were better than the Radeon cards way back in the mid to late 90s. They had more ram and better performance.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Unfortunately 109% PT is MSI vBIOS max.
    I could max out the voltage but wont the card run waaay hotter?

I guess I should find Skyn3t BIOS on Overclockers or something (I have no experience in modifying vBIOS in nVinspector)

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You should change pt to 120, your card will throttle way less.

Just download maxwell bios editor/tweaker, save a copy of your bios and edit the pt in there, save it.. flash with nvflash, and that's it. Restart your computer and you can put 120 in ab.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I'll try :) Hope I don't brick my card.

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You won't brick your card, even if something happens it's reflashable, meaning you need a 2nd card (or even the integrated intel one should work tbh?) and you can reflash your bricked card.

Though, the chance for that is 0.01%, I'm sure you'll do fine. :D I can give you the links later when I'm home and what you need to do, or someone else can do it here, TK for example.

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Does the 980TI Gaming have dual bios? not sure about it.

And hi, tommorow or next week i will fiddle with oc and we c how far it goes :D

16. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Don't think it does bro. :D

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
  18. Timesgodjillion

Timesgodjillion Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    My setup is similar except with EVGA Hybrids instead of Krakens.

19. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3090 FO48U
    I also have 980Ti SLI with Kraken G10's..:D

[​IMG]

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Question to you sir..
    What are your temps like and the noise form the original blower fan? Is it still high? Does it cool the vrams well? Do you control that fan manually to reduce noise? ?