980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Anything is safe, it's just a limit where the card starts throttling if hit hits that number, you can just increase to to 91 or whatever... or max.

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    U can but its still not good for the card in the long term.

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Anything is ok.... just as long as temps are low, or in the safe region.. I would say 85c max, not more than that.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    In my experience the gpu would default to stock clocks once you get past 86c or so in kepler and maxwell for an extended amount of time. Best to leave it at 85c or lower.

5. zeebaluch

zeebaluch Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 Ti AMP-E
    I've bought Zotact 980 Ti AMP Extreme Edition. Ohhh my GOD it's a beast card I guess and I have also bought Dell P2715Q 4k IPS LED to take my 980 Ti advantage in 4k. Its an awesome GPU with Boost clock 1355 helps a lot. I'm thinking to buy another one to take complete 4k gaming advantage at 60 FPS :)

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Popped my in my 970s just to check em out now that the SLI bug is fixed. Sure, they're faster than the 980Ti but I think the fact that they're louder and hotter makes it worth to loose those few FPS over a more quiet and cooler system.

Only thing I wish is that I had a card with better ASIC and more stable OC. Tried bumping the voltage but the card still hops down to 1.180v from 1.199v when I play a demanding game.

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    How much is the pt on the card? Make sure it's 120, won't throttle as much then.

Set voltage to max and it should jump to 1.243v more frequently (and thus boosting more), when it can.

Or set it to +40 and it'll max out at 1.224v.

8. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    has anyone tried the Kraken G10 cooling system on a 980TIyet??

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Raise the power target in the video card bios to 120.

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Someone did a few pages back.

11. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Yes, there is also a thread in here somewhere about it aswell, but best bet is head to OCN where there is a specific thread for the G10 with lots of 980ti owners in there.

What do you want to know?

Load temps expect around ~50'c if coupled with a cheap AIO such as the H55 or H75 what i have.
    Gaming temps probably around ~45'c
    Installation, a doddle.

Only thing you need to be aware of is that depending on what type of card you have you may need a copper shim - if you have a midplate on your card - my eVGA ACX 2.0 card needed a shim.

If you have a reference card you wont need a shim, but will need some heatsinks to put on the VRM's and RAM
    Eg directly cool them aswell.
    If you have a midplate you obviuosly wont need this as thats what the midplate cools !!

Edit:
    Ah just saw you have a reference card. You may be better with the Corsair HG10 N980.
    It comes with direct VRM and Vram cooling

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Modify the bios to a static 1.2v and your problems will be solved.

AB/EVGA voltage control is quite useless

13. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Thankx slickric21
    I'm not seeing the Corsair HG10 N980 ANYWHEAR to buy!!!

14. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Oh maybe its not out yet. Corsair have it listed on their website as you probably have seen for £26, but yeah you cant seem to actually buy it ??

If you go with the G10 buy some heatsinks to put on your VRMs and Vram then. The G10 Bracket has a 90mm fan directly cooling this area but id definetly put some heatsinks on those aswell.
    You can connect this fan to a mobo fan header and have it run at 100% as its silent.

I have connected my AIO fans (H75) directly to the gfx card 4 pin connector via a Gelid Pwm adaptor.
    Then modded my bios fan curve with Maxwell II Bios tweaker to get appropriate fan speeds and desired temps.
    Basically the fans remain silent untill 55% rpm then i hear them. So I never want them to hit this speed. Therefor I have the fan speed programed to hit 50% speed at 50'c, which is the max temp it reaches.
    You can or course use Afterburner or such to set your own fan curve, but why have a 3rd party program doing it when you can program your card to do it itself !!!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  15. xxbassplayerxx

xxbassplayerxx Member

GPU:
    980 TI
    Not sure how open you guys are to subzero over here but I finally got to test my 980 TI Kingping Edition subzero.

Turns out a 1200W PSU is not enough for a 4770K at 5.7GHz and a 980 TI KPE at anything higher than 1850/2100 @ 1.55V! I could set up to 1.60V but it would crash as soon as it went under load at 1900 core. If I tried to set 1.65V, the computer turned off immediately. Also a shame I don't have an 8-core... I can past FSE CPU test at 5.9 but I was going for safe clocks so I didn't have to worry about CPU.

Regardless, still happy with the results. Benching this card is a dream but I can't even describe how quickly it goes through LN2 :eek: I didn't glaze my GPU pot because I've never needed to... GT1 would start at -100° and end at -90° while full on LN2 the whole time :eek:

I have images to post but I can't do that until I get 5 posts :3eyes:

EDIT: Anndddd... you can have photos now :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015

16. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    just received shipping information about my 980TI Lightning :banana: hope it's a good sample

17. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Cowie is going to like you :D
    Nice results!

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Indeed, he could probably make a nano appealing if amd sent him one.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeap thats insane, overclocking at the highest level. Well done!

20. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Don't think anything can make the FuryX/Nano appealing at that price. I really don't understand why someone wouldn't go with the 980Ti, there's a significant performance difference.