980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    exactly lol.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    And if he's that high on H2O dare I say he's doing it wrong.

3. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    I'm in!

Had my 980's a few hours and adore them.

Both boost to 1342Mhz out the box and are amazing!

They are so quiet and uninvasive, if all remains as is then I am proper thrilled with my choice!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Sli 980ti is freaking a hell of a lot of gpu power, mine boosted to 1342mhz right out the box, no oc.

5. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I suggest you play on a 60hz monitor/TV with vsync enabled and we will see who is wrong ................... I have just played batman arkam knight highest temp I got was 56c I disabled vsync and got 71c

6. Timesgodjillion

Timesgodjillion Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    Limiting max FPS and claiming that's the highest temps you achieve is not the temps you should ever claim on a forum. We don't care what your max temps are when your cards are at 50-75% usage...

7. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Phantom Pain all maxed out is 57 celsius on my rig 2 hours playing.
    Witcher 3 all maxed out is 65-70 several our gaming- Stock cooler

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Sli is very smooth tbh, been using it for 10 years.

9. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    So your load temps are in the 70's region and not in the 50's are they which is the point they are making.

Its not helpful for people who are interested in these cards and maybe choosing one based on its cooler, when guys are saying "hey my card never goes above 55'c even after 2 hours of gaming" blah blah blah
    As you have just shown that is very dependant on the game, settings, resolutions etc

People want to know sustained load temps so they can compare and judge. Anything else is meaningless.

10. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I have my fan profile set for using Vsync which is very relevant if that's the way someone wishes to use the GPU.

As per HH information the majority of people on this site are at 1080p and I bet a lot are using Vsync (if there using TVs)maybe it would be better to show temps Vsync on and OFF to show everyday useage temps as well as maximum usage temps. My every day temps are below 65c with all the eye candy on.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    My card don't go over 55 degrees but that is at 1590mhz and all Fans speed at 600rpm. Virtually silent. I can ramp them up to 1650rpm but don't need to tbh.

If i run at 1342mhz which is stock for an EVGA SC my card dont go over 45 degrees when maxxed out.

12. Timesgodjillion

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    When people ask for load temps, we don't care a tiny fraction of one iota what it is when cards aren't running maxed out or with capped FPS. We need to know worst case scenarios so we know which brands are handling heat better and which brands are good/bad for our case layouts.

Also, I disagree, Barry. I've always been under the impression that most gamers don't use V-Sync due to the pretty horrendous negative aspects of using it.

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Been using vsync for many years, will be going to gsync in the near future. No vsync intoduces stuttering and awful screen tearing. Much worse imo.

14. Timesgodjillion

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    Except for most competitive games, it introduces input lag which is a big red flag. Not to mention stuttering anytime you drop from 60FPS.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I do not experience any drops below 60fps, never have, I always run high end sli for 10 years now. I would rather have input lag than stutters and screen tearing. I only disable vsync for benchmarks.

16. Timesgodjillion

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    Depends on the game, really. Witcher 3 is a struggle to keep at 60FPS, but that's because I'm on 4k. Been really considering switching to a ROG Swift for the smoothness and less struggle with current games. Also, I'm fairly positive you're one of the people here smart enough to tell us your ACTUAL max temps and not telling us temps crippled by limited FPS.

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I don`t have Witcher 3 and I am on 1440p. When giving temps its best to explain if your on vsync or not and resolution so everybody is on a level playing field.

18. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I agree it is the way we say it. It does need to be clear so that it is not taken the wrong way. Its not nice being told your lying about your temps.

example of how temps should be done ?

vsync on max temp 56c BF4 1080p 60hz
    vsync of max temp 73c BF4 1080p 60hz

19. Jonnygrunge

Jonnygrunge Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4090 SG1
    Lads gamed tonight for an hour and a half on Mad Max, recorded temps for you! Average fps 120, game maxed out at 1440p. Ambient room temp is 20oC.
    The Zotac AMP Extreme has a fantastic heat sink! CPU average was mid forties.
    Please see results below! Happy gaming!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  20. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    What are your temps playing solitaire ?