980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I feel like need a rape shower after that tbh.

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Mmm i dont know could be, without sli my maincard [gpu1] reach a max of 78c on 1440p.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Looks like another hardcore AMD fan has been converted along with eclap :)
    They wont be going back.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well it was mainly the crossfire man, I'm sure their single cards are much better. Or more or less like nvidias?

Vet ffs I'm not a hardcore amd fan... **** sake... :D Facepalm.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^ lol. I've seen some test showing frame time issues on single cards for both AMD and Nvidia, but you are right. I remember taking one of my 6950's out back in the day because the stutter was so bad. Had half the frame rates and smooth gameplay.

6. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I must admit I am a fanboy I just can't get enough custard creams digestives don't compete they lack the features I require

Oh sorry whenever I see hardcore brand user and fanboy the biscuit eater in me comes out

Update
    I have no custard creams do I switch to the other brand I might like it it might taste better I might have unknown features oh but I love custard creams

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    So newegg has a MSI 980Ti on sale for $610 right now. Damn I wish my friend would hurry up and pay me for my i5/780 rig. Oh and on a ****ty note I think my PSU is taking a dump. I've had two random restarts, but they don't say windows shut down incorrectly so I'm not sure.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm still troubleshooting but lately I've noticed stuttering every second in some games, (Metro:LL and DA:I for now). I tried a bunch of different settings in NVCPL which didn't help so finally I just uninstalled GFE and that might have done the trick (maybe). Anyone else encountered this?

How old is your PSU? If more than 4+ years it might be time for a replacement.

9. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Just sent in my brand new 980TI, 91 °C when playing GW2 yesterday with DSR @ 2880x1620 + Reshade completely at stock didn't sound right at all, it even throttled down extremely, so i guess it's definitely a broken cooler or thermal paste issue. I mean i know that this game at the following settings is extremely intensive but that temps should be the case.

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dude 91c doesn't sound right, something is wrong lol.

Also haven't had any stutterings, but I've had some real weird crashes with red dots all over, bsoding then saying driver irql not less or equal (ntoskrnl.exe), it's something to do with memory/faulty software/hardware

I thought it might've been the transition from 8.1 to 10 but.. we'll see, I formated the drive anyways yesterday and did a clean install. Gonna check out how it works now.

Most of the time when it is an unstable (core) overclock the screen just goes black, and the driver resets itself.... so this is definitely not the card, can't be, at least hope it isn't.

I thought it might be GFE too so running without that right now, you can just put DSR through nvidias control panel. Running d3 @ 4k is ****ing nice. :) (with sweetfx, there's no point in playing d3 if you don't sweetfx it)

Take the pc away from him and he'll start paying immediately.

To Vet btw, the only reason I went nvidia right now is simply because the 980 ti is a better card, or is the best right now, fury/fury x don't have dvi, and they don't offer much for the money, at least here in Estonia.

I got the 980 ti for the same price as a fury here lol (fury tri x 660 euro, 980 ti 680 euro).

Had the fury tri x been 500€ (with unlockability) and with dvi I might've thought about it. But not in this case.. simply no reason to go amd.

This is no real nvidia "superiority", seriously so tired of this $hit, grow up. :D

There are no real "converts", it's just that at the time nvidia was a better purchase. Same thing with my hd7950 which offered so much more than nvidia. I got a 280€ card that performed like a 400€ card when overclocked, and had 3GB of vram.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    He don't have the PC yet but keeps telling me that he is going to buy it.

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Start looking for other options to sell it, try ebay. :D

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Deathchild I remember you ranting on a few months back defending amd I told you how **** the new fury will be. Now you've jumped over to nvidia. Funny hey....ive said it before and ill say it again "you get what you pay for" and with amd you get an inferior gpu compared too nvidia's. Its only since the Ti that people are starting to realise this however its been like this for many years now.
    Welcome to the best which is nvidia and yes I'm a fanboy as I prefer the better card. If That means I'm a fanboy then so be it:)

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    How was I defending amd, tell me? :D

Dude you're a horrible fanboy, you're one of the worst. Your head is deep in the sand and I feel sorry for you.

I'm sorry, but nvidias 600 series was $hit, still is. My 7950 performed even better than a GTX680, nvidias high end card at that time. So you have a hard time trying to convince me.

The 780 / amd 200 series was ok, they were pretty much on par minus the reference 290 blowers amd had.

At the current state nvidia is better, this gen.

This is simply no hocus pocus, what's better is best.

You think nvidia is always best, you're so bad. :D

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well Tahiti only surpassed GK104 in the last year in a half. The 670 was beating the 7970 all the way up till the first Titan was released. When the 670 was dropped at $400 and beat the 7970 by 10% while still having quite a bit of overclock headroom that was hardly a **** card.

16. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah it must be the time before 12.11, once that hit and ppl oced and realized how strong it was stuff changed.

For me at least, I got my card around the time 12.11 was released. 7950 performed the same as a 670 and overclocked beat 680.

It was 280 € vs 450 € (what was I gonna pick?) it was a no brainer.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    When I got my first 670 it was $400 and the 7970 was still $550 so I got a faster card for $150 less and it overclocked to 1306/7400 which had it beating most overclocked 680's. Honestly I'm still rather impressed with my 670's as I keep getting told they have been gimped.

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hmm damn.. then the 670 at your time was a much better pick. I guess it's different for everyone.

For me the 7950 was a better pick, simply because the 670 and 680 were that much more expensive.

I looked at reviews and performance charts and the 7950 didn't seem too far off. Once 12.11 hit and I discovered the ocability of this thing I got shocked lol. Such much value for such a card.

19. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super

AMD GPUs do seem to last well better than NVidia cards but its a shame that the performance is not there from day 1

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well it's not there right now for the furies, we'll see about DX12 though.

I coulnd't get AMD anyways because no dvi.. :D

And well.. Fury X 16k firestrike score lol, it's simply crap. No point for me to get a card that does 16k while my 7950s did 17-18k. That's a downgrade. :D

The 980 ti at least does 20-21k. :) That's moving forward at least, and the single card thing there is a bonus.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015