980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yay I'm finally joining the club. My EVGA card will be here tomorrow.

2. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    Well, after flashing the BIOS and doing some additional tweaking, my shiny new Gigabyte G1 980ti has settled on these settings (ASIC 67.4%):

Core: 1505
    VRAM: +200
    Voltage: 1.237
    Temps: 70 during benching, 65 during gaming.

Firestrike graphics score is 21019 (http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5472353)

Overall I'm very happy. The card performs like a champ and I managed to clear 1500MHz.

3. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Huh. Your regular firestrike is higher than mine, but my ultra is higher than yours.

[​IMG]

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5471910

(graphics score, that is)

4. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Thxn for the advice guys, but i decided to upgrade anyways because it was cheap hehe!. After 6 years running x58 and 4 years having my 980X it was time.

I will miss her but already i noticed some big improvements while gaming. No small stutter, small lag, hickups etc. Smooth gameplay all the way.
    GTA 5, Witcher 3 even Darksiders 2 runs better :D. Im happy. And finally i can use intel's stata 6 chipset and use my SSD to its fullest.

Even so for me its a small update and waiting for Skylake-E and the next X chipset.

Running my 3930K at 4.3Ghz (1.27Vcore, powersaving enabled) and my 980TI at 1450/7300. Fans are capped at 65% (silent) and the gpu is around 75C when gaming.

I have the Silverstone Fortress FT05 with a Noctua DH-14 heatsink (2x Gentle Typhoons) and i must say while gaming i only hear some of the air being vented out of my case untop. Everything is controlled via Speedfan. Idle its dead silent... really amazing.

Now for Star Citizen.... which Ship to buy :3eyes: and waiting for the Rift :infinity:

5. plywood99

plywood99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid Cool
    Been doing some overclocking.

The core seems to do right around 1475 steady with +50 on the voltage.
    Memory seems odd, I'm at 8500 and still no artifacting that I can see. That seem just too high.

6. szakh

szakh Member

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    After my MSI GTX Titan X literally burned (small bang + black smoke) and I got my money back thanks to the web-shop guarantee, I decided to order a EVGA GTX980ti SC+ ACX2.0+ for its silence (thanks to review reading)...

So, first this card is great, thanks to a better overclocking I have the same 3DMark Firestrike score for both card. My now dead TitanX@1400Mhz and the 980ti@1500Mhz both received a 15500 score.

Then, the issue, since I wanted to have a silent card... This card is absolutely no silent despite its ACX2.0+ ... So, I customized it in order to have a silent 980ti. Thanks to its backplate and its frontplate (covering all the card Vram, vrm... etc.) this EVGA SC+ is an excellent card to customize with a custom Rad. I deceided to go for a Raijintek Morpheus + 2 Noctua NF-S12B redux-700. Now I have a silent 980ti card. Working at 1501Mhz for the GPU and 4001Mhz for the VRam at 80°C after 1 hour of 99% load while playing...

Perfect ! An excellent card, excellent perf/money ratio and the EVGA SC+ is one of the easiest card to customize I had in my hand... Just remove the rad, put the custom rad + the custom fans and let's go ! Great

7. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Well to be fair the card is in fact almost silent stock.

8. szakh

szakh Member

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    No, really, its pretty noisy :) ... But to be fair also, I got a complete silent system as a basis: 8x Noctua ULN (Noctua NF-S12B redux-700) working at 300rpm each using a NZXT external rheobus => "8 x silent = silent" :D ...

Then any noise is "breaking" the silence. This card was much more noisy than I expected. A Raijintek Morpheus + 2 Noctua NF-S12B redux-700 (300rpm during working/browsing and 700rpm during gaming), this, is pretty silent :D ...

But to be completely honest, everyone as a complete different definition for the word "silent" and I agree with you as much as I agree with me here :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  9. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Well it's the quietest video card I've ever had and can't distinguish it from case fans when it's using the stock fan profile. /shrug

10. plywood99

plywood99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid Cool
    Ok, been doing more testing. The memory on this card is freaking insane.
    Currently at 8812 no artifacting.

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    No crashes? It can take a while but high memory clocks can result in crashes too.

12. plywood99

plywood99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid Cool
    I had driver reset at 8900. No hard crashes. Will test it at 8812 for a while and see how it does.

13. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    That's crazy.

14. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Hi guys how are you?

My 2 980TI HOF LN2 Edition will arrive in something about 3 weeks for me

I have a question, how much this one like this can make on air with a good temp? To have a 24/7 usage?

I saw that the bost is something about 1300~ so how much i can be almost sure that this boards can make?

thanks

15. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    So I have clocks that are stable in Heaven and Fire Strike for an hour each, but when I play witcher 3 after about 20 minutes the game closes. No errors, no hanging, nothing, just closes to desktop and there's nothing in the event viewer to suggest an error. Is this due to overclock or something up with witcher 3?

16. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    As wrathloki says, that's amazing! I would recommend playing GTA V for at least an hour to test it (if you have it).
    Why would you buy these cards without at least water cooling them? Have you bought after market air coolers for them? As far as I know they're not supplied with any cooler.

17. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    I wonder if it's worth reapplying the thermal paste on my cards? It's not that they run hot 20s idle 60s gaming load, I did this on my Asus gtx 780DC2 cards and was surprised to see a 5-10c drop in temps.

18. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Bought it because i have some contacts at Galaxy and got a good price :)

19. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Well, fair enough then!

20. Timesgodjillion

Timesgodjillion Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    Been wondering the same myself.