980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Thanks i cant post links yet because i need 5 post if i can then, i show u guys what i mean.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    some people just make me laugh lolz

3. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    +1 kaap is a trusty guy as he overclocks new cards regularly and is a heavy active member at ocuk

4. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Nothing is overkill if u max things out on 120 or 144 hz screens, even on 1080p.

5. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there are some games already (witcher 3, gta5, assassin unity and few more), that will stress 980ti even at 1080p, especially if you like MSAA (or downsampling), not to meniton future games.

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Thank u for that link, this is the truth, now i know that i can upgrade my sli system to ti.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Has anyone who ordered a GTX 980 Ti from Scan Computers UK had theirs sent yet? I selected Wednesday, 3rd June delivery (all day) and my order shows no signs of being sent out and all the cards are showing as for pre-order only on their site.

8. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well I ordered the PNY 980 Ti and it's set for stock arrival today and my order has been processed but not picked if you get me. Bright side though my Titan block & back plate have been shipped so at least i won't be waiting for those :nerd:.

Which brand did you get in the end?

9. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I ordered a pair of EVGA ACX SC 980Ti's from scan and the expected delivery date for those was Monday the 8th of June.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Well that is whats been reported by people over there. PM Kaapstad on here and ask him, he is a member of Guru3D.

11. Avenger2000

Avenger2000 Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Yes. That chart is good. I'll play with the system with the 980 gtx for a while and if I feel it is lacking, I'll see if I can sell the 980 and some other parts from an older system to get the 980 ti. I want to see how much that high anti-aliasing makes a difference before I do anything.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    EVGA, SC model.

Very disappointed with Scan as they should not have let me pick a specific delivery date if they did not have the stock. Fortunately, I had not booked a day off work to wait in for it otherwise I would have been really pissed off.

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I do actually. I meant in a personal sense, not as an overall rule.

14. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2
    a question, what will you guys do with your old 980/970's once you've upgraded to the 980ti?

15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    I'd give my 970 to my girlfriend, she'll give her gtx760 to my son, he'll give up his HD6970 to the spare PC...

...This, once I pull the trigger. I really shouldn't. I want to though. That Ti is pretty sweet! Lot of things going on this $ummer.

16. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    I'm going down to the scan launch event on Saturday so I can pick one of these bad boys up :D. Get a few free games have some free food. Then go home and enjoy no more Sli for a few months till I need another card! :)

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I had to email Scan to ask them when my card is going to be sent as there is no chance of it coming today as there has been no change on the order status since the payment was authorised (and taken on 1st June!). Hopefully I will get it before the weekend as I wasn't planning to install until then anyway as I don't get home from work until after 6pm.

What does the 'Ti' stand for in these cards by the way? And does anyone else think it odd that NVIDIA stuck with GTX 980 for this card rather than calling it the GTX 985 or 990 to emphasis the fact that this is a more powerful card than the GTX 980 not just a revamped version?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  18. Mugsy

Mugsy Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    The "ti" stands for Titanium. It's been in use from the old geforce2, the memories this brings back :D

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Of course it's tempting to buy one but I'd much rather get a MSI TwinFrozr or the new ASUS DirectCU3 and clock the hell out of it :) If it just about beats my 970s, I'll be happy.

I'm still waiting for you guys to give me 970SLI vs 980Ti benchies ;)

20. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well I wouldn't get your hopes up as I received an email from scan this morning stating that they are sorry but they have had a further delay in stock and so won't be able to deliver on the specified date (well no ****). Anoying it didn't actually give a date of delivery or stock but I'm in no rush to get it as it will involve me draining my loop and fitting blocks etc..