980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
  2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Thanks dude.

3. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I got 21089 gpu score @ 1470mhz and ram 300mhz OC. Just gpu got me ~20600 or so.. dunno I posted results few pages back, atm browsing at phone

5. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    now i'm tempted to disable some cores and push 4.8gh or something lol

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok back at PC
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5235520&postcount=1988

It was 21067 @ 1468mhz, ram 300 mhz
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10920389

just the core was 20577
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10920222?

Maybe its your vram to high and that "error correction" kicks in? I saw another user @ 1500mhz and ram 350mhz with tiny bit lower score too, think ~ 21030 area.. He had 6700K @ 4.6Ghz so if it was per core perf. thing he should get higher too, but didn't..

Im going to try another run now with 361.82 driver, also chatted with Zotac support a bit regarding this auto fan artifact issue at higher OC and they recommended to use auto voltage and OC without it since apparently 900 series auto adjusts the voltage or something.
    I've disabled MSI AB voltage control now, will see how that goes :nerd:

EDIT: nvm they're stupid or Im stupid :grin:
    When I disable voltage control it doesn't go over 1.187v no matter what, no auto voltage magic happening and of course 1470mhz is not stable, driver reset or hard locks my system (3dmark firestirke)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok broke my PB :)

GPU score: 21259
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11044160?

1482MHZ @ 1.230v (32mv offset - weird cause even at 26mv offset it still shows 13mv offset or 1.21v);
    ram 300mhz (but I think I will have to lower it a bit, saw some black lines 2x for a split second by test2, looked like empty frame or frame tearing)

cpu @ 4.7ghz, cache 4.3Ghz instead of 4.2Ghz, but doubt this matters much cpu score is around the same as before. Well I always got ~ 13300-13400 by cpu score, even with my old 780GTX.

[​IMG]

As I mentioned before, maybe you all tray to OC vram too much and it kinda cripples it a bit, dunno 20 or 30mhz lower gpu OC and lower vram OC and still scores higher seems odd no?

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Don't give up, you're almost there :)

Damn, you broke my record (posted back a few pages) :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    @-Tj-

yea I wondered about that too. Though the difference between my score and your best for example is 273 points or 1.3 % (of my score).
    The PCB quality is probably enough to account for that, my card uses a reference design PCB with 6+2 power phases, I think the Omega has more phases/custom PCB.

As I posted earlier acc. to GPU-Z the reason for PerfCap is most often VRel or reliability voltage for me. The card could most likely sustain the oc better with more phases or the like.

If your card can keep a locked max frequency throughout the test, that's probably enough to account for the difference.

@Netherwind

Yea, almost! That run was with stock voltage, running the test with a slight voltage bump may be enough to break 21k.
    Though I may need to mod the powerlimit, power % hovers around 110 with stock voltage already in Fire Strike.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    @AsiJu Deathchild is a master at modding bioses :)

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Played FC with one card yesterday and it's almost silent. I didn't even need to run the chassi fans at 100%. I'm asking for help on another forum but I guess GPU AIO (like someone here suggested) is the only way unless I want to sit next to a "vacuum cleaner".

Sure, it would be nice for FC since the bump in FPS is noticeable. Headphones work though but not for other people sitting in the same room :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    And now you tell me... *looks at the smoking pieces of a graphics card*

:D

You need to turn up the volume

:bonk:

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Haha funny guy :D

Ok, I exaggerated that it's silent but there is a BIG difference :)

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ yea I was impressed with the ACX cooler too, apparently these cards are silent in general.

And with the zero fan off (have a custom curve in AB, not modded BIOS yet ;)) the temps drop too.
    The cooler is inaudible beyond ambient noise anyway up to until around 60+ % speed. With the zero fan (fans spin up at 60 C) the temps got high quickly. Now it stays cooler plus my custom curve is more aggressive than the default.

I always try to find the deaf zone ie max speed where the cooler is still virtually silent. Then I set this as the threshold value for the most usual gaming temperature (around 70 C for me).

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I got the MSI ones :) But I've heard great things about the ACX cooler.

70 degrees? Whew, thats not much at all. I'm happy if I dont exceed 80 degrees.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Do your MSI cards have the Twin Frozr cooler or similar? That should be good too I think.

Well it's around 70 C average (with the custom curve), meaning max temps are around 75 C in gaming and a bit higher in benchmarking. With stock clocks.
    So essentially I'm in the same boat.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes thats the one :) https://us.msi.com/product/graphics-card/GTX-980Ti-GAMING-6G.html#hero-overview

Its good solo but not in SLI since the top card draws hot air from the backplate and thus gets superhot :(

18. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I just accidentally came across page 5 of this thread and stumbled upon something ironic. Eclap which has 30k posts was telling someone else to calm down. Next to eclaps picture was the word "banned".

I remember Eclap and he seemed like a reasonable fella... Why was he banned?

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    There are people that know him better than I do here but afaik he simply chose to move on to another forum due to various reasons and wasn't banned per se.

20. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So even if it says banned under his picture?