970 satisfaction poll

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, Jan 24, 2015.

?

970 satisfaction poll

1. Love my card, no issues that dampen my gaming experience.

56.8%
  2. Like the card, have issues, but still believe worth keeping.

8.3%
  3. Like the card, no issues, but memory allocation controversy has me concerned.

17.4%
  4. Like the card, no issues, but memory allocation controversy has spooked me into regret for buying.

8.3%
  5. Have substantial issues where I regret buying the card.

9.1%
  1. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Maybe you have a problem with the cards itself or a problem on your end that are not the vga`s fault. Vast majority do not have a problem here as per the poll. You also never went into detail on the games, setting you used or screen resolution etc.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well according to his specs he has two different monitors hooked up (one is a 2560x1600 the other is a 1920x1200) if he is trying to use one for games and the other is displaying a browser or other monitoring program this could be his problem.

3. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
    Very happy with my Palit Jetstream 970GTX. Runs whisper quiet, fans start at 60 degrees and the card never goes over 79 degrees with the default setup which I haven't changed. 80 is obvs the throttling point. Bought for £250 from Aria when it first came out and never looked back. Aria still haven't managed to sell one for less than £250 with their superspecials!

Min FPS in BF4 used to be 20 with my 670, now it's 70. :)

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ that is one thing that is pretty nice about the 970s they have certain kept their value better than I would have expected.

When I look at my local shop, they are selling the G1 970 for only $20 less than what I paid for them.. and I got a pair of the first ones that the store got, the weekend after release.

Bodes well if I ever wish to put em up for sale eventually, but realistically, I don't plan to. They are great cards.

5. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    G1 goes for about +100euros here now

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ still selling for 410CDN here, and that's on special.

7. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI FTW3 Elite
    My main issue is when playing games at 4k the fps isnt stable and frametime spikes all over the place. I just hope that two 970s are enough for the htc re vive, come November, and the occuls rift come jan 2016. I wish i had gone thr titan x route as i origionally indended, vrs the price per performance that just had me going yes pls. They are great cards i just wanted stable fps at 4k even if it was in the 30s stable makes all the difference. First world problems

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Have the occasional fan not working. Should have sent it back tbh.

9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070/ RX580/ 780Ti
    I have an EVGA 970 (gave to daughter) and my current MSi 970. Both have been fantastic for ~6 months. They run everything flawlessly and run very cool. There's some coil whine (at outlandish FPS levels) but honestly, my gtx760 and gtx560 have some too.

There can be lemons with any card but overall, the 970 is the best bang for your buck card by nvidia in quite awhile. It's hard not to like them. :)

10. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I listed a bunch of info on post 64, but as mentioned this is a poll if people are happy or not, not to troubleshoot my specific issues. It is many games, BFBC2, BF3/4, SoM, FC4, ACU, BSI, Titanfall, GW2 etc. I tried three monitors and different resolutions and many settings, cables etc. This is on two totally separate systems (this newer i7 4790k one and my old i5 750 oc'd one.) On this new one I've tried reinstalling OS at least a dozen times now, always fresh installs (no images.) Tried different setups, settings, drivers, monitors, motherboards, computers, cables, etc...

I don't have both monitors running together since early on in this 970/980 issues I've been having, as I had too many issues like you hint at about and it was to hard to separate which was from that and which was games and drivers etc. I tried another one as well as I told TK.

Some games have gotten much better with new drivers. Nvidia has blamed the drivers for a while now but I've still heard nothing since. The companies like GB, MSI, Asus, Zotac etc all blame the cards for some reason, hence all the ones I have tried. I can't make sense which is cards and drivers, hence asking them for support, to me its a combo of both, I think I am hitting the 3.5GB issues in some games, and have driver and other issues in other games. It is disappointing as with my 480's and earlier it was pretty good, and now with these nothing but problems...

Last edited: May 15, 2015

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Why don`t you start a new thread asking for suggestions to fix your problems? Post 64 was from March 31st, that is why I did not see it.

12. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    Yes, that's why I didn't go into much detail in them (they were to long already for a poll thread!) I was sharing my experience as to why I selected what I did.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    So you went thru 10 cards incl a 980 and still problems even in testing them in another rig? I would have stopped at 6th card and switched to AMD. Despite the knowledge that its a bizarre situation and against all odds that so many cards in a row were faulty. But hey, some people do win the lottery.

14. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    love this card... but should have put down the extra dosh for a 980... future proof

15. Elite3540

Elite3540 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Best bang for the buck, the Nvidia GTX 970. :)

Runs smooth on most new-AA title games. =-)

16. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I have no issues with mine, but I wouldn't have bought it if it was advertised as 3.5gb.

17. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I called NVidia yet again a few times in the past couple weeks+, and got no answer other than they are working on it and to wait. Still zero response from NVidia since last December! Not a thing for replies from my support tickets either even though I update them a few times a week or so...

18. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    [​IMG]

19. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    +1 love the 970 it does everything I expected and more

20. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Extremely nice cards, just wish it had a lil more vram but the card or should I say cards would be running out of horsepower before that happens, lol.

Extremely heavy oc potential, 0.5gb allocation doesn't seem an issue with me, dying light @ 4k + max settings eats 4gb+ vram but uses more main physical ram when the card sees more then 3gb of vram. some people had this issue with this card when going over specific amount of vram, more physical ram is being used up, still, nonetheless, absolutely no stuttering at 4gb+ vram usage with dying light, runs prettie much smooth from what I can tell and excellent cards, and yes probably best cards for the money at this very moment.

I have taken other games @ well surpassed 3.5gb mark and seems to be alright, farcry4 happens to be one of them if I ain't mistaken, doesn't run super smooth 60fps but enough to enjoy the game.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015