970 memory allocation issue revisited

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It has already been tested at 4k and the difference is not night and day though, the difference is what you would expect and from a percentage point of view it's still better value than a 980.

4k is not some mysterious thing from the future, many people already use it and even if you don't have a screen you can still render the games internally at 4k, either for testing or AA purposes.

Did Nvidia mess up? Yes
    Is there a performance (related to vram) problem for 4k? No.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Do you even know who you are replying to there?
    If you played a heavy modified Skyrim you would know, be a bit more respectful towards Boris, even if his PC spec haven't been updated to it's current state.
    Another thing is, he knows what he is talking about when it comes to RAM and VRAM usage regarding textures, heck without him a lot of us would have performance issues when running Skyrim with very high resolution textures.
    Neither did he say that he has an issue with it except that Nvidia kept it a secret, some of the user base had to discover it before they reacted!

EDIT: And I'm happy with my GTX970, no way that I will let that baby go back for any refund.

3. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    yea he correct it i was just pointing out even Hilbert can make this mistake.. as you was giving it the o'l ^^ pointy pointy thing heeh..

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296

5. jode67

jode67 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    but I did pay $360 for a card not as spec'ed.
    and are you stating that there are no issues using 4gb of ram defacto? I am certain there are issues as I have seen it, I do have the card

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ok, I think you really should just leave.

7. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    i can not dispute your issue as i can only get a max of 3.4g ram use in the games i play so until i get past the 3.5g mark im yet to experience the issue.
    not that im bothered as i will just adjust my gfx settings say AA and everything will be fine.

8. jode67

jode67 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    he is speaking to me. they dont like anyone that dont look up to them.

9. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    yea i felt a bit like that when i first joined so i can understand where you coming from there.
    it can feel abit like your the new kid just moved in the street and the "alpha males" want to make sure you know your place lol
    (and glad to see im not the only one who noticed it)

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You paid for a card that performed exactly as the ones the reviewers posted impressions of. You have not been cheated the reviewers cards were not a higher spec 970. You were mislead with the specs but the card has not changed.

11. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    the penny will drop sooner or later for these people im sure of it ....

12. jode67

jode67 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    My whole issue is with the lies that nvidia is willing to put out. And they have no issue with telling lies either. This is the second time they have lied to me on specs or ability of a card

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Exactly, and even the review from Guru3D suggest that you reduce settings instead of going all the way to max in some of the tested (old) games even for 1440p.
    I go all the way to max anyway, didn't notice any issues with it, although I use Lunayahs enhanced extra HQ mod for Watchdogs, so that might make that game run better than it does per default.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    how did they lie on the ability of the card? it's still the same card you bought, a few % off the 980 performance, just under 780ti performance and above 780 and titan performance. how exactly did nvidia lie to you about the cards "ability"?

15. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    All major companies lie. Just get a refund if you're owner of that card (i would). AMD isn't a better company.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    We have no proof it was lies and not just something alot less interesting and just a massive error.
    The company i work for is always accused of lies when most of the time its just a mistake by someone.

I really don't care either way though, and why should i care when the ability of the card is exactly what i was promised.

Nvidia and every other big and small company are not your friend, they will use any means to temp you yo buy their product.
    The temptation for me was a card that was around 10-15% slower than a 980 performance for 50% less money, that has not changed.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I understand that it annoys you, but why don't you just go and refund your card If your not happy with it? (Nvidia gives you that option if I understood that correct)
    If you are happy and want to keep it, fine, but don't expect them to give you anything but a "sorry" in exchange.

18. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    we wasting our time you know, the facts are right in front of there faces, yet again refuse to accept the performance is still the same ...if they cant get there heads wrapped around that? then like i said wasting time even trying to get them to accept it. they gone to far man, no way back for them now ...

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    To those still bitching and moaning about being cheated or lied to... return the card/s. Its been made clear that that is an option.

20. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    For a lot of us, those numbers and so many users complaining is enough of a proof that it is lies, doesn't matter if it happened on purpose or not. Some of us don't usually wear glasses judging something. So we have our opinion, and you have yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.