970 memory allocation issue revisited

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    stevev that was harny bullcrapping

2. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    oh ok heh.

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    jajajaja you think that's bad someone who put the coolers on EVERY single 970 has Ebola .....so they have more to worry about I would think

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nia's source code has been examed by several people. Unfortunately, since it relies on the CUDA API, we can only examine so much of the real source code.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Elvis really is alive!!! I saw him driving a Pink Cadillac CTS the other day.

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Guy got 2 posts on this forum, he prob has multiple accounts.

6. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    [​IMG]

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    bro you got your snow gear ready we can test the cards with? I am thinking it would pass right through the snow blower better then a news paper/

if it truly has that missing 500mb of ram it wont make it through

oh and to make the test viable u cant use a snow plow or snow brush that would mess up the results

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  8. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    lol funny :)

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Anyone that owns or works at a shop building "custom gaming PC's" should be paying attention to what's going on in the tech world. Especially on tech forums. It's rather sad when the customer knows more than the people they're buying parts/PC's from.....

Also, if any "custom gaming PC" shop were to do their own testing, they'd fine out that this "issue" is so minor it's practically non-existant.

Apparently I need to move to Jersey. You guys get to do all the fun hands-on testing....

10. WoenK

WoenK Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Most people do not admit their errors, no matter what facts you provide them with. Be it alien landings, vaccination or seeing Elvis :D
    Most people even think Onion News is a real news station with 500 billion viewers :D

The few that have the spine to admit their errors are rather a minority.
    Besides, it is allways easier to bitch that something is broken than admit that one was not willing to pay for what one wanted.

Even with 6GB the 970 would not be really usable to run 4k smoothly with all maxed, the beast that runs that is not yet available. And with smoothly I meany a steady 60 FPS minimum.Maybe the next generation high end cards will do it, but right now it is like someone stated "if it stutters you have to drop down the eye candy".

hell...we do not even have a single proof that the VRAM usage from the games are reported correctly :D Has anyone checked the source code of all game engines ? :D

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    lmao, thinking of making a snowman with my rig in the head for some coldness. good idea?

12. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    This threads going to hell in a hand basket, quickly

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I didn't even consider that..... Of course, I typically only monitor VRAM usage if I'm getting stuttering....or there's a question of usage like in this case. Under normal circumstances, I only monitor GPU clocks, temps and fan speed.

Why? Because we're not trying to prove a non-existant bug? This thread serves no real purpose at this point other than to entertain us. There is no "bug" and thus nothing to "fix" or even to really discuss in regards to it. This was all propagated by shills trying to damage NVidia for their own personal benefit. All has already been proven.

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Ok guys, today i checked two 970s which my friends bought because i adviced to them these gpus from full of crap n****ia moth***ers. I did run Nia's benchmark as suggested in news and here screenshots of these:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/124189504@N07/16347007476/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/124189504@N07/16185600450/

Both gpus are gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD with updated bios to latest version (which was released few days ago).

This is over 1GB of damn slow memory, not like n****ia claims, 0.5GB. n****ia must burn and pay for this disgrace.

15. palvo23

palvo23 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 4G OC
    Hm, so if this VRAM thing is non-issue, what might be the culprit behind the stuttering in CoD: AW for me?

12G RAM. Check. i5-4670. Check. GTX970. Check. 1080p. Check. Game stutters at max texture res? Check. VRAM usage well within the limits? Check.

Any ideas? I have spent more time than I would like combatting this stuttering issue.

Some say GTX970 just isn't powerful enough to process all the huge VRAM in CoD, but idk. I'm not the most tech savvy person. Any ideas?

16. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    well all I can say is I have not noticed any probs or stutter gaming problems and as for people worrying that they wont be able to run games that are up and coming I think is laughable because they won't just make the games to be run on high end cards only lol how many people do these people think have a 4gig card most probs only have 2gig cards and they still play games just fine now and in future. they just have to ajust settings like you have been doing from day one with every gfx card ya owned..

and that NVidia forum where the sh it storm seems to be started from is one big joke if you read through the forum members most of them seem very limited on wtf they are talking about and just spread fear and rumours they have them selfs getting there pitch forks out very soon shout burn Nvidia burn the witch !! they have themselves worked up in to a frenzy pmsl.

probs why I couldn't help meself from trolling just a little bit lol ...

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Read post #780 on this page http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=396471&page=32 then go away troll.

Nia's Benchmark has been proven WRONG.

18. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    I wasn't talking about your posts or any of the established members. Most of what they are trying to prove sounds like a conspiracy theory.

19. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Guys, please. If you disagree with someone else's point of view then that's fair enough, but please do it without name calling or throwing insults around. I don't want to go handing out infractions or banning people over something like this, but remember, rules are rules and they apply to long time members as well as new ones.

Please try to keep the discussion civil, thank you.

[EDIT] also, in addition; swearing or inflammatory language - it's not OK. It doesn't matter if you've blanked half of it out - it's going to cause problems so please refrain from that in future.

20. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Show me a benchmark of GTX980 that has been run in headless mode and still showing a bandwidth drop.

And it's Nai not Nia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.