I done exactly that when the issue was first discovered and It mess up one of the games (five times in a row), the one that uses the last block, but, I think the memory also can be fragmented, witch makes things worst, as you can see in the results I got after I closed the games: Chunk Size: 32 MiByte Allocated 120 Chunks Allocated 3840 MiByte Benchmarking DRAM DRAM-Bandwidth of Chunk no. 0 (0 MiByte to 32 MiByte):155.64 GByte/s [ ... ] DRAM-Bandwidth of Chunk no. 98 (3136 MiByte to 3168 MiByte):22.35 GByte/s [ ... ] DRAM-Bandwidth of Chunk no. 113 (3616 MiByte to 3648 MiByte):155.84 GByte/s **** [ ... ] DRAM-Bandwidth of Chunk no. 119 (3808 MiByte to 3840 MiByte):12.77 GByte/s The segment at 3616 is giving full speed.