970 memory allocation issue revisited (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by morbias, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Maha Guru

GPU:
    Don't need one
    dout that as gigabyte claim to cherry pick (sure I read it somewhere) the GPU's for there G1 cards to ensure they up to the gigabyte G1 standard lol or somit like that .. probs more BS marketing stuff. I feel quite silly now I was fooled by marketing again lol oh well ...

2. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    see i have mentioned it before im from bangladesh... things are different here.. honestly 90% software i use are pirated... government doesnt take any action.. if i go to the court for this it might take a century to finish the argument.. we fight with basic human rights here n u r talking about consumer rights.. then you might ask how can people from this country running such expensive pc hardware.. they are among the lucky 5% people of 160 mil who has all the money of the country..

3. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    if gigabyte is calming such thing thats totally a lie.. or they are using fully unlocked 980 but locked them in the bios... the l2 cash and sadder cores inside 970s are deactivated at the hardware level.. it cant be reactivated.. most probably those parts are lesser cut ( im not sure this but usually they do this )

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I understand your situation. But can I ask? If you can afford a 290x CFX, can you not afford legally purchased games? I don't know your financial situation but if you're among the select 5% of the population of your country, why do you pirate?

I'm guessing there's not many game stores... But there's steam, origin etc... Not attacking, just asking. I know some of us are less fortunate and whatever we take for granted in some parts of the world is impossible to achieve in other places.

5. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Member Guru

Just thought I'd leave this here, given it keeps being linked ;) :

Picture too big and not in JPEG format.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    TBH never saw it before.
    Looks like some kid just discovered MS Paint.

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Thanks for posting this. There is alot of useful information. This proves that that people are searching a solution for a problem that is not even there.

8. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    So, why would people test this controversy with Shadow of Mordor, an x86 game, to find out an issue that could only occur in x64?

9. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Bottom line ('till now) is that if Nvidia is able to make stuff like Windows Areo and secondary things to be allocated in the last 512MB Vram will be good. Or at least any secondary-not-so-needed stuff in there.
    And at last,it would be better to tell us so we know with current situation(and drivers architecture) WHAT things are supposed to fill that slower last half GB. One "We are sorry" is not enough (in my opinion).

One question to all, if you were now to buy a new gpu, with all this sh!t would you buy gtx970...? Before that I was sure that I will be glad to have one(and I bought) now I would be about 70% to get it...even with 3.5 it IS a beastie card,can't argue with this.
    Their faulty marketing "method" is what I hate about Nvidia now and has changed my mind for my next search for a gpu,first let it be on shelves about at least 5-6 months and then make the move..

10. Gizmo

Gizmo Member Guru

GPU:

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Cheers.

12. 53RKZ

53RKZ Banned

GPU:
    HD4600
    If I could somehow find only one 970 sufficient, power wise, I'd go to a store, point out the memory issue and the differences in specifications, ask for a lowered price and buy it.
    One 970 runs fine, because at the time when you managed to go over 3.5GB of VRAM the fps would be crap. SLI is another story, however.

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Nope I wouldn't I would save up a tad more and get either a 980 or wait for the r9 3xx series from AMD. Because I do not like when a company commits fraud or falsely advertised a product.

14. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Fair enough, however in my country:
    970 ~400 €
    980 ~600 €

290X ~440€

so depends on budget, however for people who want to buy a 980 ( or above ) I can't see a reason for them to talk about arguments(like this thread etc) for lower cards...

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080

16. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
  17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    The first e-shop is not one of the good ones..anyway yes the second one is approved and it's ~380 for 290X
    about gtx970..ok you can take the "one-of-the-worst" 970 for that money.
    Doing that research from Greek e-shops..did you see the prices for gtx980 ?? F'd up really bad :wanker:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Vision Studio is fine, bought many things from there without issues.Also, the Zotac GTX970 is an ok card.

19. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    I was unlucky with them once for a 40" Samsung TV so...you know,personal factor then.

The fact is that cheapest (Zotac,an ok card,no more than this) gtx980 is about 580 € ...big difference!

And come on now,a -bit-more-than-common- gamer won't buy on of OK cards..

20. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    1st point- we dont have stores that will sell original dvds.. u cant find any shop which will sell you original windows.. i got my copy of original windows and office from my university..

2nd point- most of the credit cards of bangladesh are not accepted internationally. some people has international credit cards..

3rd point- i do buy original games else i wont be able to play multiplayer games like BF4, cod AW.. but the main difference between you n us is we play every games bacaz that is available on torrent with the crack.. and we dont need to read the review..

conclusion- i'm a software developer, and i dont like people who will copy my software. but brother we are helpless here. you think about software piracy and we have bigger problems to deal with.. even today 28 people was burned for political conflict.. these are poor people. no one cares about them. within next 30 to 50 years we are gonna lose 50% of our total land becaz of global warming we dont know how shall we deal with this. so piracy is suppose to be a less concern. sorry for being off-topic. i hope the admin wont block me..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.