1. ppphf whatever

ppphf whatever New Member

GPU:
    2x Geforce 9600 GT
    Anyone running 2 9600 GT's in Sli? What drivers are you using. I'm still using 174.16 from February. Every time I install ANY driver besides this one my 3dmark performance drops to 7 FPS on all tests. I have tried a total wipe of the HDD and reinstall and this still happens. Anyone else have anything similar like this happen?

2. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Yep , been running 2 of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150302 for about 3 months now with really no issues pertaining to SLI what so ever , I have used just about every driver since up to the 177.83 w/PhysX.

I have yet to break 12,500 on 3D Mark06 but thats due mostly to my CPU score being 2314.

PS: I see now that my cards have been made discontinued for some reason , not sure why they work flawlessly UNLESS I use a driver that I have to mod the .inf to support them , these 177.83's are working VERY well for me including all the physX properties.

3. frizbee

frizbee Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6870 2GB
    Working fine for me since beginning of May. I have 177.83 running now. I'm going to try 177.89 later today.

4. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Mine are holding up great, just started benching on XP, been on vista for a while and got some good scores on vista 60 odd on 03, 24k in 05 16k 06 and on XP at a mere 3.6ghz on 01 i've broken 70k with the cards at stock. I am using the 177.83 driver.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008

5. ppphf whatever

GPU:
    2x Geforce 9600 GT
    so i roll back to the 174.16 drivers from Feb and everything runs smooth again no power warnings? WTF is going on?

6. TheAgeOfMen

TheAgeOfMen Master Guru

GPU:
    750M
    Bougt a second 9600GT for about one week now and running great on 177.83

What the best thing you should do is check the SLI connector and replace both cards (swich them), and try again, just my 2ct , not had any problems (yet) :D

EDIT: Also got 2 XFX, but with bigger coolers than the guy posted above, bought the XXX AD edition ;)

7. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

The two 9600GTOC BFG's in this old rig are doing great. Using the 177.83's and running PhysX on the second card for Gears of War right now and having a ball. The drivers are alright, but IQ could be better, like in the previous release, imo.

May try the 177.89's.

8. Massiah86

Massiah86 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 SC
    No problems like that, mine run just fine on all the drivers that come out. I've had them for about 3-4 months. Never seen a drop in FPS that big, maybe 3FPS on some older drivers.

9. ppphf whatever

GPU:
    2x Geforce 9600 GT
    replaced the power supply, now its working fine, guess it was bad