9600GT S/PDIF connection cable

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by yleclerc, Sep 19, 2008.

1. yleclerc

yleclerc Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel / nVidia GT845 2GB
    I have a eVGA 9600GT SC (512-P3-N862) 512MB video card and it seems to have a 3 pin S/PDIF out connector, in order to route the digital audio over the HDMI cable. I have contacted eVGA and this cable does not come in any 9600GT boxes, nor do they sell it separately. I am not requiring this cable now but would like to get this at some point. eVGA support suggested searching the Internet but that mostly find the larger digital cable for CD Rom.

Where can I find the this cable?

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  3. yleclerc

yleclerc Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel / nVidia GT845 2GB
    No, those cables are the one used to connect DVD / CD "digital" audio out to most sound cards. These "connectors" are too large and the video card connector is a 3 pin "white" connection.

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    3-pin? are you sure? because i look at your card and only see a 2 pin black connector, and even so, on my 9600 GT Sonic edition, it's a 2-pin white connector

as in this picture next to the SLI plug is a 2-pin black spdif port

[​IMG]

Yours is different? because the one on the 9600 GT is the same thing, but white, and comes with this cable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it's different then it's probably propriatary

5. yleclerc

yleclerc Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel / nVidia GT845 2GB
    My 9600GT SC card appears to be using a "white" connector:

http://www.evga.com/PRODUCTS/IMAGES/PRODUCT/512-P3-N862-AR_XL_7.jpg

but I will have to check the card itself (I thought it was 3 pin. Several other posts on eVGA's site seemed to indicate a 3 pin.)

But the picture of the S/PDIF cable (middle image) appears be correct (as per the third image.)

How / where could I find this cable by itself?

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    that i do not know, mine came with the graphics card...and i can't seem to find the "exact" cable anywhere else, though from the looks of it, a 2-pin cable for the DVD rom spdif cable "should" work if it fits inside the white connector, if not, then i dunno

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  7. yleclerc

yleclerc Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel / nVidia GT845 2GB
    I too have a two pin DVD drive cable but the black connector is too big. I need the white one shown.

8. yleclerc

yleclerc Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel / nVidia GT845 2GB
    I am back on this. I finally found a nVidia SPDIF cable but it is still too big:

[​IMG]

I believe the correct cable white connector should be:

[​IMG]

Can anyone with a 9600GT (eVGA especially) confirm that a nVidia SPDIF cable can be connected?

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i think those are the same cables.... to be honest, and i never thought to search up nvidia s/pdif, oops, lol, but if it is too big then i dunno why it would be, because nvidia is the one that made their standard, it should work