9600GT on XP DX 9?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by JVM, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I'd go with the P7N SLI Platinum too. Or even better, the eVGA 750i FTW-Edition. :)

2. Willy Boy

Willy Boy Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX 7800gtx x2 sli
    Not made a deffo choice yet but most likely will be from the Gigabyte P35_DS3R (non Xfire ) range as there pretty well priced at $150 & cover all the bases for what I want as not really into O/C much and as I mentioned in earlier posting have had no probs with my old AMD GA-7N400 pro mobo so those models will do fine, plus I think it has a good name in UK apart from the major problems they had with the GA-N650i-DS4 motherboards they were an expensive mobo that didnt produce & still doesnt unless things have changed ..Your talking eVGA mobos well there a non starter for me not many models on sale in UK & ones that are are like $400+ and have read many forums of peeps having probs with them especially bios probs
    Also I did look into a Abit IP35 pro .....but there like $200+ here but really did like the look & reviews of this model so one of these is still on my hit list :) I just have to keep to a budget but it may get stretched a little in order to buy one as I plan on getting a new cpu too E8400 probably to drop in my new mobo followed later with a 8800gt/gtx gr crd just buying as i go on not all at once!
    Ciao Willy:bang:

3. JVM

JVM Active Member

GPU:
    ECS 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit
    The Abit IP35 Pro would be my choice without hesitation if it had PCI-E x16 2.0 instead of 1.1. What I don't know is the impact of the difference going to 1.1 on a card that is designed for 2.0, such as the 9600 GT--and I believe your 8800 GT is also 2.0.

4. JVM

JVM Active Member

GPU:
    ECS 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit

5. Willy Boy

Willy Boy Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX 7800gtx x2 sli
    JVM yer they get good reviews here too in fact the whole range of Gigabyte P35 chipset based ones do !(here)

$89 at Newegg about $129 here doh ! sickens us off we get ripped off in UK for sure:puke2: