960 evo 1TB for $629aus or 960 pro 2Tb $1599...wwyd

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by Emille, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Emille

Emille Master Guru

CPU:
    6700k 4.6ghz
    GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I have a 950 pro as my main drive and even when I uninstall as much as possible so I can play different games, it is so full there is about 12gb free and it's also my main drive.

The $629 price is super cheap but it I fill it up with my existing games I will probably be pissed, at the same time the $1599 price of the 2TB is disgusting but it would be more than enough for like the next for yeata worth of games that I will play, even if I leave them installed.

I know there are other options like a different drive but I plan to eliminate all sata drives and mechanical drives within the next few years so this would give me my main drive and gaming drive and I will buy an affordable m.2 2-4tb drive for storage if such a thing ever exists.

Of the 2 drives and their prices listed....what woulf you do...just buy the 1tb and say **** it or save for the 2tb and know you won't have to do exactly what I'm doing now...wishing I had a bigger drive again.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

CPU:
    i7 5930K 4.7GHz H20
    GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Take the 1Tb now, wait another year or two when a 2TB will be half the price of 1600.

Too expensive ATM.

3. Emille

Emille Master Guru

CPU:
    6700k 4.6ghz
    GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the advice.