9500non pro mysterious timings

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by schnauze, Jun 22, 2003.

1. schnauze

schnauze Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    I have a radeon 9500 non pro saphire atlantis 256 bit interface..

at first i get the GPU at 340 and the Ram at 310
    with F2k3 i get 3280 pts with 2001se 12600pts
    so i recognized that i have made an error while using rivatuner.
    i run the patch again and this time overwriting the file inthewindows/system32/drivers/ asmtag.sys not the ne in the ATI file.
    Than i ran the benchmarks again and now i get heavy failures. so i push the card down on 315/290 now the system runs stable but i only get about 12100 pts in the se and 3208 in F2k3. a radeon 9500pro has about 12600 in the 2001Se so i must have at least a bit more because of my 256 bit interface and 315/290.

something i make wrong i hav the rivatuner 2.0 c 12.4 and use the catalyst 3.2. is this correct
    or better 3.0

and why did i first have the timing 340/310 and after patching witch rivatuner only 315/290 and even with this setting less points than a radeon 9500 pro my card is with the L-ram build and red, the old style

sorry for the worse english and thanks for your anwsers

2. TerroH8er

TerroH8er Guest

How are you comparing your 9500 non-pro against a 9500 Pro? If you are using the OnlineResult Browser and comparing it to other users, then it could be because they have different tweaks on their system. Also, you never told us what patch you were applying although I'm assuming it's the 9500 -> 9700 patch. If this is the case then the patch might not have been applied correctly. I'm not really sure I understand, sorry. If you could elaborate that would be great.

Auf weidersehan,
    Terro

3. schnauze

schnauze Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    i uninstall the catalyst again and install 3.2 again i run the benchmark this time with out using rivatuner and i get 12300 pts that means yes the patch hadn´t work

i will now trying the older catalyst 3.0
    is it possible that xp doesn´t overwrite the atimtag file? rivatuner replies with ....successfully. read log file

if the patch was successfull, will my system recognize in the grafic properties as a radeon 9700 or a 9500?

4. schnauze

schnauze Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    for all who has the same prob with xp
    i started the computer in the security mode and than changed the ati2mtag.sys and then it worked.

a noob in a other forum told me this simple solution thx to all this helping hands here.