94 Deg Celcius on my Geforce6600GT!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by monalac, Dec 2, 2005.

1. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    You gotta pic of what the heatsink looks like?

2. repapips2004

repapips2004 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600GT 128MB @ 500/1000
  3. WR3CK

WR3CK Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4890
    I think those temps are realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly high dude. ive been running a 6600gt OC at 585Mhz (clock) and 1.19GHz and the highest temps ive goten are around 60. and even i was starting to worry about that. you should really think about adding some fans on the case or something to bring those temps down.

4. repapips2004

repapips2004 Maha Guru

GPU:
    well, XFX cards are very good when it comes to temp... even bettern when u replace the stock cooling with zalman cooling... it shows in some reviews...

and MONALAC's MSI 6600GT are normaly hot on reviews... Load temp regularly at 95 deg.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005

5. monalac

monalac Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 - Core216
    DAMN.. MSI TEMP is 95 on chart. i was getting 94...
    well now it doesnt go more then 86-87 on full load!!
    i will post pic of my heatsink. maybe u check out on this link
    http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX6600GT-VTD128&class=vga (i have same ditto card with box retail pack)
    i have the same card... it has COPPER HEATSINK.

I STAY IN INDIA DOES THAT MATTER IN TEMP? MY ROOM TEM IS AROUND 29C
    ]let me know further explainations.. thank you all for gr8 support.

6. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Sound cards make bugger all heat. You need good fans sucking air out the back (near top) and at least one fan blowing air in front near bottom. Having a partial vacum is desired...eg more air sucked out back than coming in front. Cleaning up cables to maximise air flow is a big help and a blowhole or two pushing outside air directly onto CPU and perhaps GPU through a duct works wonders. If you live in a temperate climate efficient cooling is a must. You can rip 12v or 7v fans out of all kinds of junk and wire em up with your fingers and electrical tape, don't leave any exposed wires :)

Solder irons are better, don't lend em they come back fuxored. Darn I new I shouldn't of lent mine to that fool

7. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    my room temp right now is around 7C :)

i think i got one of those cool P4 Presecott 3.0 @ 3.7 with stock cooling only... idling at 40C :eek:

i thnik this is where they can break the 4ghz barrier on stock heatsink right now :D

8. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Man my P4 3.2 GHz is about 50C usually and I have a huge big copper heatsink. Australia really puts the test on hardware and we have to wait 4 months or so before new gear is released here. Hell I couldn't even get AMD64 when I bought these parts>

9. monalac

monalac Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 - Core216
    "maximise air flow is a big help and a blowhole or two pushing outside air directly onto CPU and perhaps GPU through a duct works wonders"
    Hey anthrax pants.. how do u do that?? the above thing u mentioned.....
    can u explain that briefly? how do u make blowhole or a duct?
    do reply me. ill put 1 fan intake and then will let u all know the results. but the problem is that i have 2 hard disc near the place where i keep fan.. so do u think that the hard disc will make intake of air hotter? do suggest some other remedies.. I HAVE AUDIGY 4 and how to make this card coooler? it gets HOT too

10. monalac

monalac Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 - Core216
    Anthraxpants.. DAMN!! i didnt know India is better then Australia.. Athlon 64 was available here when it was released worldwide. now im hunting for PENTIUM D DUALCORE :D or Athlon X2. but we dont get MODDING parts here in india.. ive used traditional NEON for d replacement CCFL in my case. and ive got a OEM like version of Guardian N**T case made by Ecube.

11. monalac

monalac Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 - Core216
    but Can Anybody Tell Me, How To Fix Pentium 4 Heatsink On My Geforce6600gt?

12. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I don't think anyone has tried modding a P4 Heatsink to a 6600. if you tried it you would probably find the card's memory would start to have problems with heat , and then you would need to invest in some small heatsinks. (Easier just to buy after-market cooling than a mod and probably cheaper unless you're certain you know what your doing.)

Have you taken of the heatsink on the 6600 and reapplied some decent thermal paste like Artic Silver 5?

A case mod might help , try directing some airflow from outside the case directly over the card (Like a fan on the sidepanel of your PC)

13. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Here are my two cents, if you havent modded or overclocked the card dont worry. If it fries you should be able to get it replaced under warranty. The main sign that a card is overheating is when you start seeing GPU artifacts, if you dont see white specs, then dont worry about it.

Also ppl need to start getting used to higher temps, as technology progresses so will the average temperature. If I remember correctly back in the day an athlon thunderbird would fry at around 150F (65C). My opteron CPU's are rated up to just over 194F (90C). I have the heatsink fans off and CPU2 normally is around 60C (under load) and that is perfectly normal for this CPU. Now if this was an older CPU then I would be really worried.

14. monalac

monalac Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 - Core216
    thanks for nice replies..
    ]hey KoW ive burnt my geforce FX5700LE last december 31 on new year day... :( i forgot to plug in d fan wire.. so it got burnt :( and i stayed without gaming for 4 months . thats too long guys! and got 6600GT. and i cant get any sort of WARRANTY NOW cause this card whch i hav is imported from USA through my cousin.. so.. cant take riskk of overclock. so was worried about high tempratures.. WATS THE MAX TEMP AT WHICH 6600GT CAN SURVIVE??
    and well.. thanks for heatsink advice.. as those after market heatsinks not available here in india and though arctic silver5 is maybe impossible to get here... :( now wht to do ?

15. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

Many 6600GTs reach about 90 ÂșC although i think thats really hot but normally they can hit 60-70 degrees C.

16. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    The nvidia core slowdown threshhold for the 6800GT is 120C, and these cards are cooler then he 6600 GT. I personally would not be worried if you do not see artifacts. I'd make sure the fan is spinning and maybe press on the heatsink to make sure it doesnt move and call it good.

17. Sh@rK

Sh@rK Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D 6600GT 128 AGP {watercooled}
    if you don't see any artifacts than there is nothing wrong... but i would chance cooler on GPU...

18. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x Evga sc GTX 780
    Not to mention the paste they use is crap, I scraped the stock thermal tape off of my old 6800GT and applied AS5, my load temps dropped 12C.

19. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

When you change the thermal paste in your GPU, you void warranty.
    Is there anyway not to aloow the company to see if you changed the thermal paste?

Maybe aplying a white paste when your card dies.

20. repapips2004

repapips2004 Maha Guru

GPU:
    i will say not to modify your GPU until the waranty expires... Unless you have a bunch of $$$ and the retailers would accept those modification and still willing to give you waranty... The temp on your MSI 6600GT is normal...

But like what you said, youve replace it with a new cooler... Just enjoy gaming...