94.24 WHQL for XP (7 & 6 series)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jackal29a, May 17, 2007.

1. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

Downloaded them yesterday and IQ is a lot better over the 93.71, but I can't use ntune with these, but nhancer works fine. Picked up 6fps and no new NCP support, over all a 7 out of 10.:banana:

2. evilfury

evilfury Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    I get this in my internet browser(mozilla). Strange.

3. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    yes try changing it to 1 , you shouldnt have to normally , as you know with other drivers 3 is fine , but if you like these drivers and want to keep them its worth a try just to see if it helps :D

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    I get a little lag on the Desktop sometimes, i can feel it though it does not influence games but it happened also with 158 driver, **** ha? oh and btw i played Condmend Criminal Origins and it does plays much but much smoother... and i sometimes when i browse the net using FF i get crossed letters so i need to mark the whole sentence to get them back to normal, wierdish

5. galahs

galahs Member

GPU:
    3dfx Voodoo 4
    I had never seen a BSOD on WinXP (used it heavily since 2001/2) until I installed my 7600GT along with the 93.71 drivers.

Having tried everything including powering my graphics card with a separate PSU the only thing that worked for me was the 84.21 drivers.

If they didn't work I would swear it was my hardware. But now I am certain it must be a driver conflict. Something in the newer drivers is clashing with something else on my system. I wonder in the New Control Panel has anything to do with it?

6. Legobit

Legobit New Member

i have this mouse lag too when i rightclick on the desktop it is anoying as hell
    any fix for it ? :behead:

7. cloudman

cloudman Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus CU II GTX 780
    Mouse lag and freezing for me. I downloaded the driver when it first came out. If I understand correctly Nvidia has taken down and then put the driver back up since it's release. Is this correct? I seem to be only able to run 84:43's without problems in SLI. So even though the driver seemed faster, it was causing so many freezes on desktop I had to remove it.

8. EvilKosh

EvilKosh New Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS AGP
    Here's an FYI for people looking for he 94.24 drives on the NVIDIA site.

It seems NVIDIA is working on updates to its driver download website. If you use their existing driver download site and look for drivers for 7xxx and 7xxx cards it gives you v 93.71 drivers.

However if you click that link for the NVIDIA driver download BETA (there's a grey box with BETA in green text on the upper right of the driver search page) it links you to the 94.24 drivers.

9. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Love the driver. Thanks buddy

Cheers to you and one for nVidia for supporting the 7 series users

10. Skynet06

Skynet06 Member

My friend started having graphical issues with Civilization 4 after switching from Ati 9800SE to Geforce 6600GT (yes, he did a clean windows install after the switch). If he used drivers higher than 77.72, he started having those annoying issues with Civilization 4. Later on he bought a new motherboard and the issues with Civ 4 were mysteriously fixed.

So maybe you have motherboard related incompatibility like my friend obviously had.

11. catalinthebest

catalinthebest Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7900GS AGP 512 Mb
    94.24 is not whql for 7900 gs agp ? (help)

I try version 94.24 Nvidia with my card and the driver do'nt recognize my card.
    I add the following line to nv4_disp.inf

NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_02E3.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS"
    and under [NVIDIA.Mfg] :
    %NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_02E3.1% = nv4_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02E3

but this is not WHQL for my card and in Nvidia control panel appear (Nvidia unknown)

Exist a solution for that?
    Nvidia say about this version is compatible and whql with 7900 gs ?

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  12. acare84

acare84 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
    This driver has a lot of problems with Oblivion, i installed this driver and played Oblivion (Shivering Isles 1.2.0416) very long time. And game freezed every time when i was playing. It haven't be done with older drivers, is anyone out there with same problem? My card is GeForce 7800 GS and other games are running normal except Oblivion.

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    this driver is piece of ****.

14. alpha2k

alpha2k Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768MB
    No seriously, tell us how you REALLY feel :rolleyes:

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    Driver is sucks, nvidia driver support for xp 7\6 series worth to ****, RIP NVIDIA!!! oh and i feel good thanx :)

16. EvaUnit02

EvaUnit02 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX27/896MB@stock
    What's the point of having a Creative card if don't use the EAX?

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  17. RvW

RvW Member

GPU:
    8800GT XXX SLI
    What's the point? I just dont care at all about EAX,i just bought a cheap soundcard, i tried all different EAX settings and i cant say i really like it, i use headphones and the sound i got is fine by me...

18. RvW

RvW Member

GPU:
    8800GT XXX SLI
    LOL:thumbup:

19. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    I agree on some parts.
    I use headphones and early eax versions (pre 4.0) sound like crap to me.

But EAX5.0 is serious awesomeness.

20. RvW

RvW Member

GPU:
    8800GT XXX SLI
    Off topic:
    Ok,im for sure willing to try but im having a hard time finding updated drivers for my audigy 2