939 or am2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by brewskee78, Jul 24, 2006.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    yeah..... i just hope NVidia quits working so hard on crap that ain't out yet, and actually get's a set of NForce 500 and Forceware drivers that actually work well together.

2. brewskee78

brewskee78 Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi 7600GT 256MB w/ ViVo
    Oh well... im loving my new system so thats all that matters to me.

3. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    If you are happy with it that is all that matters. I already have a good 939 system that I'm happy with so I'm gonna hang.

4. brewskee78

brewskee78 Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi 7600GT 256MB w/ ViVo
    yup i love it.

5. Paradigm

Paradigm Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog
    good selection brewski...i went to the 939..knowing the AM2 will be out in 1 month...but the thing is with the announcements of the AM3 and "quad proc's) i would rather enjoy my pc when i can....as best i can...rather
    a) wait for the plaform to mature
    b) upgrade now and then upgrade later (yes the AM3 is backward compat..but the DDR2's and the mobo will need to be thrown out...to make way for DDr3 and it's compat. mobo interface)

so enjoy your pc and your gaming... and wait for DDR3 to come out rather investing in DDR2's ...and make one leap then...

6. brewskee78

brewskee78 Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi 7600GT 256MB w/ ViVo
    ahmen brotha... thats what im talking about... man im loving my 939... just workin on a better psu.. and im set...