91.47 WHQL now on Nvidia web site

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by luna5, Sep 1, 2006.

1. zed201

zed201 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 CLASSIFIED
    are you conneted to the internet when you are haveing load problems
    XP will look to the data base at MS and try to install from there
    unless you tell it not to ( I wish they would get rid of that)

I had problem with all the other 91 .XX driver these work great for me
    tested 91.47 on these game so far Game setting on High
    Driver setting on IQ, high performance
    HL-2 Doom3, S Sam 1, Halo 1 ,Pax panye 2 ,Far cry 1, lock On
    , links 2003, UnrealII,GTL racing, RtCW ,HL 2 steam, Tribes 1,
    Falcon 4.0 Allide force, Gun, F1 raceing, Thief 1,2,3 Deux 1, NFS3,
    Emeny terror,combat flight sim1,2,3, GTAIII,

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  2. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    GAR818 , roflmao, so you paid out all that cash on an AWESOME PC, which is enough to keep a family of 10 feed for 5 mths in a 3rd world country and all ya do is bench mark and worry about a drop of a few points.

Each to their own i guess but if I were you, stand back for second and look at the insane amount money you've spent ( so you can play games ) and think, is this BEAST of a games system making me happy as far as games go or am i gonna spend my time bench marking and stressing out over a few points while kids all over the world starve to death.

I mean no offence but thats just something eveyone should think about IMO.

3. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Did you send $2k to any 3rd world country lately ? While we are at it, what are you doing to make the world a better place ? ..

Nice thread hijack attempt -- besides that it's not your call to judge ppl about what they spend their hard earned money on, you reply to a post from the 1st page w/o quote, you are wrong about the cost, and you are totally OT. This is not the place to preach to ppl.

Back to topic -- I installed 91.47 on 3 different setups (7900GTX, 6800U, 5950), no problems so far. These are keepers :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  4. GhostMaster9

GhostMaster9 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT Watercooled
    91.31 work with spearhead.

5. ProfBP

ProfBP Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    these work great for my flight sims. Saw a bit of a dip in performance with the 91.36, and 91.45, but these work much better.

:tomcat:

6. bigboy177

bigboy177 New Member

All the 9x.xx are ****ty for my 3D1 (2xGF6660GT)... I get blue screens playing many games... the error always refers to the nv40.dll (or something like that :) ) I'm sticking with 84.21 cause the work really great, no slowdowns no crashes... I wonder when they'll patch this stupid driver so I can install a newer version... :/ I've never had such problems with ATI :/

7. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Do you use drivercleaner?

8. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    You have many files garbage of previous drivers. you need to use drivercleaner or better even format your PC.

9. bigboy177

bigboy177 New Member

I did install fresh system... When I first installed the new 9x.xx drivers all was looking good, cause I didn't play any games for quite some time (because of lack of time)... Then, after some time I ran Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends and booom BSOD, after many tries I thought that maybe drivers didn't install well, so I decided to uninstall them, run driver cleaner and install them again... I ran Rise of Nations - BSOD after few seconds in a game...

I started testing other games, but almost all of them crashed. I reinstalled the system, installed 9x.xx drivers on a clean OS but the problem didn't dissappear, so I even opened my PC case and cleaned everything... I spent about two days trying to figure out what was wrong... I even dug up my warranty for the video card, and then I decided to try previous driver version (idea just popped into my head)... I downloaded 84.21, installed them and all my problems dissappeared... :)

The new drivers (91.47) work a little bit better then previous versions, but they still crash many games... for example Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory always crashes to BSOD when the game caches Shaders...

Many other games also crash to BSOD, and they always show problems with nv40something.dll, some crash after few seconds of playing, some after few minutes... but the problem doesn't exist on 84.21 so until they fix their ****ty driver I'm sticking with the older one...

10. zomby

zomby Member

GPU:
    BFG 7900GTX 512 OC
    me too I had tons of problems with these drivers. I ran 84.21 cause thats the best drivers nvidia ever built, after that dont know what they did, they were all on crack lol....I dont think the AA and AF works that great with nvidia, turn that off and keep the vsync to application control and things will work so much better, dont know why but does for me. I love nvidia hardware but their software s-u-c-ks.

11. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    you say that because you don't know the catalyst :devil:

And I am using the 91.47 and up to now I don't have any problem, all my games work very flowing, with everything and filters and quality to the maximum (except with MoH spearhead and breaktrought).

12. bigboy177

bigboy177 New Member

I know the catalyst, and I think ATI drivers are way better... ;)

And maybe your 91.47 would not work with many other games since they don't work with SH and BT, maybe you just aren't playing these particular games... ;)

13. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Believe me, the catalyst are very far from being better than the forceware.

I have 39 games installed in my pc and SH and BT are the only games that they don't work with the 91.47.
    Here I show you a list of some of those that have, and all are proven:

[​IMG]

I know that there are many other games but to my the 91.47 work me well with almost all those that I have.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  14. bigboy177

bigboy177 New Member

That's good for you, but they still don't work for me, and probably many other ppl... And about catalyst - I was using ATI's cards for about four or five years, and I've never had any problems with their drivers, last year I moved to nvidia, and since that it was better and worse, but the new version of drivers is juct crap, at least in my opinion, and on my computer...

15. zomby

zomby Member

GPU:
    BFG 7900GTX 512 OC

I play Spearhead all the time, I finally got it working nicely with not much tearing.

First off: I have the 91.33 drivers installed, I got it from the bfg gaming site, since I have BFG, they might had customize or tweak the drivers cause it works better then the one from the nvidia site.

I created a profile just for spearhead: high quality, aa/af 2x, vsync on - inside the moahh game, just add everything to max except texture to high quality instead of max and gives you a nice clean graphic like its meant to be play.

16. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I know that SH and BT are not games that they request a hard computer, but my problem is the exactly the same of YurAnus:
    Although I don't know exactly if the problem be caused by the 91.47/91.48 or for another reason :question:

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    FW91.47 isn't working out for me too, hard locks in TRL and COD2, and it caused BSOD when I was playing FC.....MS error report stated that the crash was caused by the gfx driver. Needless to say, I'm quite PO'd by this.....:fang:

Edit : Uninstalled FW91.47 and installed the driver than came with my card......basically FW91.31. Odd that my '03 score took a hella plunge, but for CS VST, my FRs went from 199fps (using 91.47) to 226fps. I'm happy coz I ain't too concern about 3DMarks, I'm all about the games and silky smooth FRs.:beer:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  18. zomby

zomby Member

GPU:
    BFG 7900GTX 512 OC
    if games doesn't open or crashes back to the desktop, i find it is due to overclocking problems (mostly ram) but for some people it can also be the video card/directx drivers.

I use to play a game online for an hour or 2 then all suddenly, im back to my desktop, no game running on any windows process! then Im like wow, I did not get disconnect I got boot off...strange stuff

19. Qbah

Qbah Member

GPU:
    Club3D GeForce 7800GT w/ VF700-Cu
    I get the bloody BSOD with them. In fact, I get it with all post 81.98 drivers. Had a topic here with other folks with the same problem (exactly the same...). Every single driver post 81.98 (yep, I tried them all) gives me a BSOD with everything (except the desktop, yay -.-). Tried a fresh WinXP install, same sh!t.

I can't do nothing with newer than 81.98. Watching movies gives me a BSOD (PureVideo related I guess), every friggin game pops the BSOD. And it's been like this for months now.

Just do what I did, my x1900xt is on its way to me now. Never again nVidia for me. And for my friends. And for the people that seek advice on new computers from me.

Cheers.

20. Archer1978

Archer1978 Guest

You need to get out more !! Dont you have a sex life or something?:eek2: