91.47 WHQL now on Nvidia web site

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by luna5, Sep 1, 2006.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    3dmark06 results with recent drivers.. I may have missed a few but so far the 91.28's and 91.36's were top score but only by 1 point over the 91.47's.
    All settings are default with graphic settings all the same each time.

Tested with Dual BFG 7900GTX's in SLI no OCing using a FX-60 @ 2.86

91.28 --- 9532

91.31 --- 9501

91.33 --- 9511

91.36 --- 9532

91.47 --- 9531

---These are only for those people wanting to see some Benching results---
    These have no effects on gaming from what I can see.. BF2 looks great along with POE2.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Ok checked them for some reason it slowed down all the system and in certain points in game although sometimes it increased the FPS uh i'm back to the lovely XG 91.37 i'm waiting for new 91.50 series i don't like 91.4x series.

3. eternalchaos

eternalchaos Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 640MB 8800gts
    Tested and these are keepers for me :banana:

Aquamark3 no change
    3dmark2005 actually went up 100pts 0.o

but the important factor, gaming performance, I'm getting higher FPS in both FEAR and Guild Wars.. (average FPS) and Titan Quest plays smoother (which is a miracle because even at 800x600 with everything to LOW some forest areas lag like crazy cause the engine just sucks half the time)

Only glitch I have is my 7900gt now shows up as a 7900gt/gto which will be fixed in the next release..

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I must support the fact that this drivers increased the FEAR Performance about 5-12 FPS at some cases, but still i'm on 91.37.

5. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    I'm still testing them, and they are very good so far :)
    Gaming performance is up a bit, and I like it :p
    Keepers for sure!

6. TerracideDK

TerracideDK Guest

Please remember that NVIDIA dosn't optimize for 3Dmark anymore, so any difference in result is purely due to general game tweaking in the drivers, so it's actually useless to compare them via 3Dmark, since NVIDIA focus on in-game preformance and not synthetic benchmarks programs...

And as a Gamer I like them for putting fuocs in the right place and disregaring those apps that don't matter.
    I mean, what game-engine uses the 3Dmark-engine? ;)
    (hint: none)

Terra - Expect 3Dmark scores to bounce up and down for all future, with no real gains being made(other than flukes...)

7. Stingerman

Stingerman Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 275
    I tried them and found the new control panel to be very slow and laggy and I also had the problem of it not saving my video overlay settings. Man I though the Ati CCC panel was a pain but it's 10 times better than this POC nividia has. Oh well at least you can revert to the old CP but you do end up losing all the "NEW" settings that the driver offer.

I was also unable to play Medal Of Honor Breakthrough (online) which I still like playing. It comes up and gives an error while loading. I went back to my old drivers and it plays fine.

I went back to the 84.21's which have been the best for me so far.

8. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Postea tu problema en español compa, habemos quienes tambien hablamos castellano :)

9. Theliel

Theliel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 600/1800
    I'm Spanish too and my english is so bad, but by education, in english forum must speek in english. I sure there are pple from all town, if everybody speak in his natural lenguage this will be a chaos!!

10. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    My videos seem a bit dark.. What could cause this :)?

11. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    maybe its your screen. i have one day with these and i have no bsod and no dvd mess up too. going to keep these.

12. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    I don't have it in Quicktime :) But I have it in PowerDVD and WMP :)
    Can anybody help me please ;)?

13. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Try adjusting overlay brightness and/or contrast in your nvidia control panel.

14. TerracideDK

TerracideDK Guest

Same here.
    I applied more gamma in it seemed it is set at -8% default, I set mine at +9% and that fixed it.

Terra - I hate Windows NET2.0...lag-master from hell...

15. TerracideDK

TerracideDK Guest

Blame microsoft for requering (in Vista) that all drivers run on top of NET2.0 and so we must endure to be the test subjects for another preformance hog from Microsoft.
    One way of forcing people to go Vista is rendering the abilities under XP slow, laggy and impossible to use.

Terra - But I still won't go Vista untill it gets it's first Service Pack...

16. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    7950GX2. I used nHancer to enable the SLI bars.

Only problem is..it seems useless..anywhere i go the bar is just like a bit green -.-...cpu is holding it back alot i think..

Its the Gamma..it comes at some strange setting by default. Go into the Nvidia CP / Video / TV thing then hit restore default..save..and then it should be fine :eek:ver:

17. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    How do I set the gamma to +9% :)?

[​IMG]

EDIT Right got it :) It's in the new CP :D Thanks for the help m8's :D

18. uploader

uploader Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    Nice drivers. Fixed Hitman Blood money for me. Before i think the game was using only one card from my 7950GX2, i was getting like 30fps or so, now my fps doubled.

1600/1200 all max 4*Supersampling aa/16af 55/60fps, before 30fps.

Verry happy.

19. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    use the ones from asus that might help you, there on a website that is banned though, you mght find them on the asus site.

20. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Same problem here. I'll have to go back to 91.31 since I use PureVideo and stuff. It's too bad since 91.47 improved game performance a lot. Is there any difference beteween the official 91.47 from nvidia's website and the 91.47 beta from here other than the language?

can I install 91.45 even though I only have a 6600GT?