9.5 AGP Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, May 30, 2009.

1. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
  2. Gump

Gump Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon HD 6850
    Thanks ... was starting to believe they had cut loose support for AGP.
    I had used a modified inf with 9.5 (was tired of waiting and had done it with success many times) -- This time I landed in BSODville. I reformatted and then did the same thing and again -- BSODs. 2nd reformat and straight to 9.4 Hotfix was the trick.

So, now I am sticking with the actual Hotfix releases - so long as they keep making them.

To reiterate
    Thanks

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    being that there's a new AGP card coming....ATI couldn't just drop support for AGP. Wouldn't look very good to have an AGP 4650 coming with no driver support.

4. Gump

Gump Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon HD 6850
    All the (ATI chipset) AGP cards have come from from 3rd party vendors for the last generation (maybe the last 2?). ATI doesn't even link the hotfix on its driver page. They are definitely trying to distance themselves from retooling drivers for AGP. As far as Gigabyte goes, I don't know if they have the resources to provide driver updates without help from ATI. I will be surprised if any new AGP drivers are still coming out in 6 months.
    Its time to build a new system anyway.

Last edited: May 31, 2009

5. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    I use the DNA 9.4.
    This driver have the Hotfix inside and works perfect.
    I hope, DNA 9.5 comes next week.

ablev