8800GTX and Thermalright HR-3 Plus

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by G3nerator, May 11, 2007.

1. G3nerator

G3nerator Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX @ 650/2000
    nice....but there was a lot of pain involved to making fit in my desktop which is gateway gt5032..
    before i got that thermalright heatsink i had to cut off green mouse port on motherboard and also i had to cut off part of stock heatsink on video card, had to remove stock plastic and install additional fan on top of stock heatsink which was a good idea to make it fit and cool more that monster card :D

but yesterday i've got this new heatsink and it's another story how i made it work in my desktop.....first of all those crappy ram heatsinks sucks....kept falling off when i was mounting damn thing on top of gpu.
    and also i had to cut off few fins from cpu heatsink to make this huge thermalright gpu heatsink fit aside.
    so..here it is...you can see few missing fins on side of thermalright heatsink.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

temps are around 50c idle and while playing cs:s at 1680x1050 with max settings doesnt go higher 65c.
    may need find me a better fan tho.
    conclusion.....awesome gpu heatsink but crappy ram sticky heatsinks..better get some other brand for memory if your case atx (mine is btx) so your card will be up side down and those lil ****s will fall off one day which may lead to memory failure or even fried card.

2. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    wow looks tight in there. good job getting it to fit. i take it air comes from out side the case and through that green cpu cover? how does that effect your temps?

3. G3nerator

G3nerator Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX @ 650/2000
    that green thing is air duct with huge fan i have ever seen used in desktop computer......
    [​IMG]

BTX form factor...mainly designed to cool components better
    [​IMG]

and temps stays pretty low...
    [​IMG]

4. G3nerator

G3nerator Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX @ 650/2000
    3 coolers used...
    one in psu, one upfront and one on gpu.

5. darrenj