8800gtx AGP Would you buy it ???

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by guruboy, Dec 26, 2006.

1. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    Ok then , Saleen S7 with 120hp 4 cylinder engine.

2. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I think Guruboy is MIA, he is losing his mind, he wanted the x1950pro AGP to be the God of AGP cards, unfortuatly it is not what he wanted, so now he is on a tirade.

He doesn't want to admit AGP already has one foot in the grave, denial is a mutherf***er.

3. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    Well ,I have read on few sites that 1950pro is the fastest agp GPU.
    But guruboy has some pretty bad CPU.

But I think 7800GS+ is pretty much the same thing ,in some cases even faster.
    But yeah ,AGP is dead,and it is unchangeable .

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  4. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I know. I was just showing him UG_PL's point of view. Not that I agree with it. I personally wouldn't care if someone said my board was stupid. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006

5. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    It's cool, UG_PL was right to be a bit offended, I didn't mean it the way it came out. No one is stupid for having anything they have, it's all good.

Live and let live.

6. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Very diplomatic of you. :)

7. nvsteve

nvsteve Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI X1650Pro 512MB 594/783
    Oooh yea!!!! But the downside would be that it probably be much slower than the PCI-Express version.

8. guruboy

guruboy Banned

GPU:
    ATI x850xtpe @ 594 / 1228 agp
    Thats ok with me !!!

9. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I don't see why it would be slower on a fast agp system. guruboy has a decent cpu with his barton at 2.4 ghz. It might be 10-15% slower because of the agp bus and that might even be overestimating. I just don't think its compatible, thats the only thing that would stop it. If you take out the money factor.

10. guruboy

guruboy Banned

GPU:
    I'd try it
    If it was true
    But its only a dream
    But if they were to produce a agp 8800 ,they better do it soon
    Cause vista is coming , and that will put a lid on AGP

ADDed
    Socket A cpus and MB
    In the last 6 months the hardware as dried-up..
    6 months from now it will only be on ebay and thats sad...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006

11. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    I would not be suprised if you dont see a 8600/8400/8200 or something like that in agp format. It is just the way nvidia and ati play. They will make something faster then the last generation on agp for the people who want to keep there systems for awhile longer. I read somewhere that 60-70% of todays computers are still agp format. That is a staggering number if it is right. This is why nvidia and ati will still make agp cards. They will not be as fast as the flagship cards but still faster then last generation cards. Would i ever buy an agp card in the 8000 series no cause i am on pci-express. But i was still on agp then i might depending on the cost. The point i am making is that ati/nvidia will make a card for even the lowest computer whether it is agp or pci-express. Companies like xfx/asrock make there money from being different and they do a good job at it.

12. Tawton9

Tawton9 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512mb

Sorry mate..But we all dont have Rich Daddys like you with your super system..If all of us had the money we'd have a PCI-E system dont ya think!

13. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Are you just stupid or something? Knowing full well that the AGP version of whatever card is more expensive then their PCI-E counterpart, you think what you said made any sense? People are are whining over the fact that the 8800 series are over $400 to $650.

You think that it makes any sense to pay more for a AGP 8800? You be better off buying a cheap mobo/cpu combo, then buying the mark up AGP 8800 version. You can get a 939 mobo combo with a AMD64 3200+ for less then $100. Are you lacking that much attention in real life, that you must start a pointless thread?

14. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    lol this conversation just keeps going and going...sigh.

15. guruboy

guruboy Banned

GPU:
    So I'll take that as a NO..

16. wizard8873

wizard8873 Master Guru

GPU:
    2xeVGA 8800GTS Watercoole
    umm, since when is PCI-E so expensive. i built a system with 2GB DDR RAM, duall 6800GS's, X2 3800+, two 250GB SATA II drives, watercooling, dual dvd burners for around $1500 and that was right when the 6800GS's came out. im pretty sure you can get that same system for at least 500 less nowadays. AGP cards are a lot more expensive than their PCI-E counterparts. as long as you use your monitor, mouse and keyboard that you have now, you can probably build a decent PCI-E system for cheap, which means around 500-700.

Guruboy. i honestly could careless if an 8800 comes out for AGP. what has to be considered is not the performance loss but the cost retio between development and making that money back. if something costs more to develop than the company can make back, then its unprofitable and most likely it wont be produced. sure, you may want to pay 800 to 900 for one if it came out but not a lot of people are willing to do the same. most will just want to take that cash and spend it on a new system altogether. either way, i would say just move onto PCI-E or stay with what you have if you dont have the money.

17. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Thats expensive to some people rich boy.

18. wizard8873

wizard8873 Master Guru

GPU:
    2xeVGA 8800GTS Watercoole
    so if 500-700 is expensive, why are you all complaining that the 8800 isnt out on AGP and want one when it would probably cost 700+?

19. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    I just think you're all being brainwashed into getting the latest hardware while your actual hardware is more than enough. Money should be spent on more significant things, I say. No, I'm not saying this because I have crappy hardware... it's the truth! The rage of buying and buying is eating you all guys! Why don't you make some use of your hardware for some more time THEN buy the hardware you wanted so badly when its price has fallen... Some of you don't seem to get that. Wait some more months, eventually those 8800s will come down in price, to something quite more affordable...

20. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I feel ya, I had to use my new computer funds to get tubes put in my daughters ears, so yes, there are more important things in life.