8800gts and 97.02 drivers a list of game that do not run

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zed201, Nov 15, 2006.

1. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Ok update on RTCW, after ejecting and reinserting it, I finally got the game to install. Runs like crap. I was getting 27 fps on the menu part. The movie part it was down to 5 fps. I decided to skip it and the game froze. I even installed the patch, nothing. Game is unplayable.....

2. Alkali

Alkali Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 8800GTX
    So far the only game I've had problems with is Gothic 3 Demo, but I'm going to reinstall and try again tonight.

Btw, I'm forcing 8xQ mode with all the bell and whistles at 1920x1440 res and above in most games - and its utterly gorgeous lol. Lineage 2, Reality Mod HL2, Chronicles of Riddick (<---omg wow), all very very nice.

3. Alkali

Alkali Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 8800GTX
    I will try this game out myself as I enjoy a bit of nostalgia, and I'll report my findings.

4. Mesocyclone

Mesocyclone Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Titan SLI
    What has to be changed for SCDA to play the game with a 8800. This don't have to be a sceret I hink.

5. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I have done lots of research Mesocyclone and cannot find anyone with an 8800GTX who has been able to play the game yet, can't even get the game to start! I'm continueing to looks as we speak and I hope something happens. In fact I havn't even been able to figure out exaclty what the problem is, most people seem to think it's got something to do with Driver based on the d3ddrv.dll error?

6. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    CSS Still With Buggy Crap After Reformatt

7. Mesocyclone

Mesocyclone Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Titan SLI
    Some people managed to get the game starting only when they have an open internet connection.

Well, its waiting for newer drivers I guess.

Adding to the list:

-CoJ shadows massed up, no HDR+AA
    -Gothic3 no AA (but that's on al GPU's)

8. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Actually I just figured out how to get the game to start (SCDA) but it doesn't reallly matter because the graphical anomolies are so bad you can't play it becasue you can't see where you going! If you want to get the game to start up just check this thread out, once you get the game to start post back and let us know if you have any weird graphical problems if you would!
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2024309&postcount=228

9. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Well since it's based off RTCW, you can add E.T to it as well. Was getting 26 fps on the server screen, I didn't even bother to play online.

10. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey DaddyD302,
    What is RTCW, and what is E.T? And do you also have the same graphical problems as the rest of us GTX owners?

11. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Return to castle wolfenstien. E.T is enemy territory, the free multiply player expansion that was release for RTCW. I'm gonna wait for the next driver release instead of reverting to the CD drivers. I'm guessing after Thanksgiving we'll get new drivers for the 8800 series. Here's the free game if you're interested.

http://games.activision.com/games/wolfenstein/index.asp?section=et

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  12. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Thanks man, much apprecaited! In your opinion do you think most of the problems we're having with games is driver related or hardware related? So far I've installed and tried COJ, Dark Messaih, and Splinter Cell and the only one that has played without any major issues of Dark Messaih? COJ looks awesome except that I get really wierd shadows and blinking shadows all over the place? The problem is quite a bit different than the problems I'm having in Splinter Cell though? I'm in the process of installing FEAR and the expansion pack, hopefully it will work with no major problem. Well thanks again Daddy, take it easy.

13. theteamaqua

theteamaqua Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x 8800GTS SLI
    Splintercell Double Agent Demo dont work for me , but every game i played works just fine:

Oblivion, FEAR, NFS Carbon, NFS MostWanted, CSS, HL 2 , Tiger Woods 2007, Prey, Rise of Legends, GRAW

14. theteamaqua

theteamaqua Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x 8800GTS SLI
    heres what Splintercell 4 Demo looks like: (and no i tried change overclock back to factory default , its still the same)

[​IMG]

15. osakaj

osakaj Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX @ 1900/626 MHz
    I got RtCW to work, but I don't know why it works. The first few times I tried to run it, the screen went dark and nothing happened except the hard drive light kept flashing. After killing the RtCW process I opened wolfconfig.cfg and changed it to run the game in window mode (r_fullscreen "0"), and lowered the resolution to r_mode "1".
    Bingo. The game ran fine, albeit in a tiny window.
    Increasing the resolution to r_mode "7" worked great.
    Changing back to full screen mode and setting the resolution to 1440x900 and 1680x1050 also worked properly.
    So, why does it work now, and not before I switched to window mode, and back again?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006

16. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Well found another game that refuses to install, Starcraft, man this makes me mad! I had no problem with it on the 7950GX2, but man this driver sucks major @ss! Well at least Soul Reaver 2 works, and it's an old game, so does Dues EX, and AvP2. I know it's early so I'll give Nvidia a break on this one. Got a few more old games to try.

In case you're wondering why I'm installing them, it's because I got them for cheap[$10 or less] and never played them till now. I like some of the older games more then the newer ones. Again, the newer games have no problems so far, it's the older ones that are having problems. I read on the eVGA board that some guy was having problem with his GTX playing FF 11, where he could only see his character but no one else's, scary thought! I'll post any more games if I have problems.

Wow, that just sucks man.

17. Supertim0r

Supertim0r New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS and GTX
    CS 1.6 freeze in 1600/1050 :(

18. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Ok Giants, I'm getting artifacts. Empire Earth will not run in hardware T&L. Same with Giants, as a matter of fact it crashes. I did find something interesting, I think in Giants it reads my card as a Geforce 1? Well Unreal ran, which suprised me, and so did Spiderman the movie. Warcraft 2 refuses to install as well, so SC and WC now, damn....

19. mraerosmith

mraerosmith Member

GPU:
    8800GTS Asus
    well actually i have an 8800gts using the latest drivers from the nvidia site and starcraft and broodwar install and play fine here

20. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Theteamaqua,
    So your able to play the game fine using the technique you described in your post (no graphical anomolies, no crashing, etc..)? But when you start and play the game in regular full-screen mode it looks like what you posted? I should post a screenie of what my game looks like because it looks far worse than what you posted!