8800gt and p35 ds4 problem please help

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by madtorn, Dec 9, 2007.

1. madtorn

madtorn Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte 8800gt
    I just bought a 8800gt a few days ago
    every time I enter xp a message pops up saying that the card doesn't have power
    I tried crysis everything on low and it was a slideshow couldn't play at all
    I went 2 my bios and put it at default went 2 xp every game playes great even thos the message still pops up
    the weird thing is as long as I don't change the ram from v1.8 to .1.9 everything playes great even tho the message pops out
    tried same card on my friends pc no message changed my psu still same problem
    even trye 2 psu 750wat for my system and 550w for the card same thing happens
    this is my specs
    psu thermaltake toughpower 750w
    motherboard gigabyte p35 ds4 rev.2
    ram 4g supertalent
    harddisk 2*500gb wd on gigabyte raid
    vidcard 8800gt
    soundcard x fi xtream gamer

2. MR.BONES

MR.BONES Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx6850
    Is your card seated all the way in the slot? Ive had some slight issues with my card sitting in the pcie slot.What bios are you running? my board had the dreaded PCIex1 problem...till i updated the bios.

3. M1ckY

M1ckY Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX260 Sonic 216SP
    You connected the 6pin power connector to it, did you?

[​IMG]

4. madtorn

madtorn Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte 8800gt
    i tryed bios 7 and the new one 9
    and
    to the othere Q?
    yes and yes
    i even tryed a 550w psu directly 2 the 8800gt and the 750w 2 the motherboard same thing
    please help guys
    :bang:

5. Akavashi

Akavashi New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition 512mb
    Hey, I've got the exact same problem, on loading of windows, Nvidia control panel whines and tells me there isn't enough power supplied... I even tried attaching power to the PCIE_12V power connector at the top right of the mobo... but nothing changed... so I gave up...
    Although, as long as I don't update my drivers (apart from my bios) to my gfx, the performance seems to not change... as I still play Crysis on High with around on average 18fps. So my reasoning... if you've tried it in a mates pc... and no error... then it's the shotty DS4 mobo we both have :/.

The only other problem I have, is my GFX overheating and coming up with the bsod (idles at 57 degrees celcius, and maxes to 78 degrees with 29% fan capacity).