8800 GTS PhysX 8.08.01 NOT working

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by Sn0bl1nd, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Sn0bl1nd

Sn0bl1nd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 SLI
    HI all :) new to the site and welcome any and all info !!

running DUAL 8800 GTS 320, installed new PhysX driver today and it says

[​IMG]

im a bit confused :confused: but i did find another website with the older version 8.06.12 of PhysX saying 8800 GTS not working :(

has anyone else got there 8800 GTS with 177.79 and the new 8.08.01 PhysX drivers to work ???

2. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    did you remove the old physx driver (8.07...) ?

im suggest you to remove the nforce 177.79/8.08.01, then use driver cleaner, reboot your sistem, intall this one http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp
    notice that you gotta unselet what you dont wanna donwload/install, this new driver comes with physx driver include(8.08.1) then reboot again and check it out..

3. Sn0bl1nd

Sn0bl1nd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 SLI
    That was fast thx !!!

i never had the old PhysX driver installed :)
    and as far as new drivers i will go ahead and download them from NVIDIA and let you know what i find :thumbup:

thx for the fast responce !!

4. vindassius

vindassius Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    just looked into the readme - supported devices and its only the 9800GTX and the GX 260/280's that the driver supports....

5. vindassius

vindassius Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
  6. wibbe

wibbe Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 640 @ 650/1000
    I have the same problem... Just installed the New driver and had removed the old one before installing. I got the 8800GTS 640 and the same problem here...
    It says don't have the driver installed.

Anyone got a solution for this?

7. chirop

chirop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 1080 X
  8. wibbe

wibbe Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 640 @ 650/1000
    Thats exactly the driver i have installed...
    Don't know what it could be. Maby I will try reinstall the driver and se if it will work.
    But I did uninstall the old one properly before installing the new one included in the pack.

9. Sn0bl1nd

Sn0bl1nd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 SLI
    No go on the 177.83 powerpack ( nice install though PhysX with the driver saves time) gives me same message "No AGEIA PhysX Processor Installed"

i did notice that i have the option to choose my GPU for geforce PhysX but even after i choose it, its still says "No AGEIA PhysX Processor Installed"

very strange that i cant get it to work.... i wonder if this is only with teh 8800GTS models:question:

10. wibbe

wibbe Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 640 @ 650/1000
    It's not just with the 8800GTS models... I have a friend who got the 9600GT and he has the same problem... Says "No AGEIA PhysX Processor Installed".
    What the **** is the problem?
    It shouldn't be so hard installing a simple driver?
    Very bad release from nvidia if it's like this!

11. Jalucan

Jalucan New Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    Mine says no Ageia physx processor , but I know it is working because the Metal Knight Zero benchmark says hardware. Also I can switch between software mode and hardware mode in the fluid demo.

12. Octavean

Octavean Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    I have an eVGA 8800GT 512MB G92 card, an eVGA 8800GTS 320MB G80 card and an XFX 8800GTS 640MB G80 card. I can test it out and see but I’m a bit busy at the moment.

13. yeaNutz

yeaNutz Member

GPU:
    Zotek Geforce GTX580
    Arnt you looking in the wrong tab, it Says "No AGEIA PhysX Processor Installed" because you dont have a "AGEIA PhysX Card Installed".
    Look in the Settings Tab....the "Geforce PhysX" button is highlighted.
    Just my theory on things. :)

14. chirop

chirop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 1080 X
    correct you get that message because you don't have a PPU card installed.
    While i do have the ppu card i don't have that message.

15. Sn0bl1nd

Sn0bl1nd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 SLI
    if im not lookin in the right spot or if im missreading it why does the help.mht look diff than what im seeing ? if im mistaken, does anyone else's control panel say something diff that has it working with 2 8800 GTS?

16. Sn0bl1nd

Sn0bl1nd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Ok after a number of test with acceleration on off with SLI enabled with out it enabled i have come to these results.

1 with PhysX acceleration on with 1 8800 GTS and choosing the other card as the PhysX card i notice 15 to 30 FPS increase with Nurien Tech Demo

2 with PhysX acceraion off definate drop in fps !!!

3 with SLI enabled PhysX acceleration on same result 15 to 30 fps

the only thing is with SLI enabled you can not dedicate a card to PhysX but it does increase performance :supercool

so it seems that the control panel is just really simple and i was lookin for more of a confirmation on it working b4 i tested it fully.

this seems to have solved my problem :bigsmile:

thanks for all of your replies !!!

17. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    Have you try to run with a screen connected to the PhysX dedicated card to assign the card? (bug i have encounter with 1st version of the driver with g80 card) after the first boot it work fine...

18. Sn0bl1nd

Sn0bl1nd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 SLI
    well after the test i ran with teh Nurien Tech Demo and seeing the increase with teh Acceleration enabled and disabled im good. ther is a deff increase in FPS so that means it has to b working!!! :)

EDIT just ran Fluidmark v1.0.0 RESULTS:fps min = 46 max = 383 avg = 81 WITH SLI enabled and acceleration on !!

with acceleration off Results: fps min = 4 Max = 361 avg = 18

so thats settles it for me !!! :pipe:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  19. Nemrosim

Nemrosim New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 512 x2
    I am having the same problem, to clarify things its more of , GeForce Physics button is is checked but, there is no selection on which Graphics card I want to dedicate.
    Also when punching up the Kulu demo config, there is only the option of cpu and not nvidia physics. This might help clarify certain issues.
    Drivers are from nvidia, cleaned and redone and what, not..

20. Sn0bl1nd

Sn0bl1nd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 SLI

when SLI is enabled on your system ther is no option for what card you want to dedicate. is that the case or are u still having issues?