880 GTX who's getting one?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by goat1, Aug 8, 2014.

1. BUFDUP

BUFDUP Guest

i'm happy with my 2 GTX 770 lightnings atm

I dont use any AA, so vram isnt an issue so far
    I'm using 1440p and everything runs great with no lag.

Gonna wait for 900 series, if i do buy new 800 series, then i'm gonna have to buy water blocks for em.... cant be fuked lol

2. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    What one person considers to be bragging rights another person calls justified. It's an opinion based on need or desire. We can justify our purchases till we're blue in the face, but if you don't understand what we're trying to explain, then we can't make you understand.

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I will skip these puny cards and wait for the beast that is the Matrox Mystique 2!!!1

4. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Maybe near when The Witcher 3 comes out and depends on the price. Currently I'm planning on a Corsair 900D Case to replace my 800D as well as a RM1000 PSU along with a Corsair Commander Mini with some additional updates probably pick up a 850 Pro SSD and a couple of WD red drives.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    780 and TI are the best card out there, 780 can be easily oced to very high levels. If the 880 is 50% faster than mine oced 780, of course after ocing the 880, much like 770 vs oced 780, Then i might pull the trigger.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'll skip.

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I would get 1 for bragging rights but unless its a new fancy phone none of my friends could care less....so i will get 1 to overclock

8. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Skipping this one. My 680 sli still running strong. My opinion is that 880's on 28nm are pointless, not the technology but the node, anyway my next move would be anything after 880 based on 18 or 16nm.

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I'll wait until I see what AMD has to offer and then decide depending on price/performance.

10. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Upgrading GPU

My upgrade plans are when the next single midrange card is faster than my 660ti's in SLi it's time to upgrade. I hope the 8 series are fast but I think it will be 9 series before I upgrade I plan on two midrange cards in sli which I can then spread the cost over a year.

I game at 1080p so my 660ti in sli are still plenty to play well with enough eye candy

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Not worth the money, i'll get a second 760 later and keep that for a year or two.

I would surely get one if money wasn't an issue. :wanker:

12. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    well my 780s run everything just great atm , but the lack of vram does bother me a little ,but saying that i haven't had any problems apart from watchdogs which it seems that everyone has no matter how much vram you have , so i will wait for the benchmarks and see how close they compare to my cards ,as i wouldn't mind going back to a single card solution,and of course the price
    I might wait and see what AMD bring to the table as well , i've not had a AMD card since my 5870s so i wouldn't mind giving them a go this time around.

13. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    same here.

my 780 has been great.

far better then my 580

probably stuck with this card for 4 years. maybe 5 to 8 years with overclocking my system

see if I can make it to 2020 without buying a new card.

who is willing to bet some money on this?

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    I think in 2-3years it will turn into a 570gtx, memory not enough, lower AA..

15. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    wait and see ....

16. mjw

mjw Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti 2GB SC
    Would this be a decent upgrade on my current gpu?

17. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Only swapping this 780 for a 880 if I have the time to make it worth while... have more money than time :p and this card still has a lot of MHz and voltage headroom left to go, got lucky this time around :nerd:

Like others here, GM200 and AMD's competing offerings is what I'm really looking forward to.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tbh if i had 2x780ti's right now, id probably skip until 900 series.
    If the 690 had more vram i would have just bought another one.

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Will probably be skipping this unless the performance comes as a surprise, which I'm doubtful of to be honest. Looking for a healthy jump before I take the plunge, although at this rate I really will end up doing a full system build come Skylake. My current rig is more than capable at the moment anyway, will pass it down to family If I do start from scratch next year.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    We got similar systems. If you go sli you will love it. You can definitely skip the 800 series and wait for gm200 or beyond.