8600GT High pitch buzzing sound problem after geforce 175.16 driver install

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Caesar69, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Caesar69

Caesar69 New Member

I have an Asus 512MB EN8600GT DDR3 and when i install the 175.16 drivers as soon as i get the welcome screen i get a high pitch buzzing noise coming from my system. This problem has never happend before and only happens with driver versions greater than 169.25.I know its a driver issue just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Have Asus p5E motherboard, Creative X-FI xtreme music PCI card, 4gb ddr800 Adata, vista ultimate x64 bit,Antec smartpower 2.0 500 watt,intel core2q6600 cpu, asus lightscribe 1814blt dvd Burner,seagate 750 gb sata2 hdd

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  2. Breathless

Breathless Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 XXX 756C/2700M
  3. Caesar69

Caesar69 New Member

i only have these problems with newer drivers if it was the power supply i would have the buzz all the time no? something in the new drivers is causing it. I have antec power supply which is supposed to be one of the best brands for power supply and it cost me a bit

4. Caesar69

Caesar69 New Member

i only have this problem with newer drivers if it was the power supply i would have the buzz all the time no? something in the new drivers is causing it. I have antec power supply which is supposed to be one of the best brands for power supply and it cost me a bit

I have Antec smartpower 2.0 500 watt Power Supply

i have ACPI 2.0 in bios and i enabled it could that be the cause of the buzzing?

by the way i have seen the video to that link and that isnt the problem im having, my pitch is louder and higher and it is always on but only starts just after the vista horizontal loading bar ends and begins to go to vista welcome screen and goes to desktop.

5. compuguy1088

compuguy1088 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD Radeon 5850
    I've seen this simiarly with an 8800GTS, on an Antec 500 watt power supply (evergreen, everwatt, something like that), with that same exact tool. It only made that similar sound when actually overclocking it, otherwise it was quiet. Though I hear some noises as well with my 8800GT while folding (GPU2 client). This doesn't occur to my knowledge while playing games (I think..).

Note: the 8800GT while folding (GPU2) produces a different sound than the video, so this may be a different issue.

6. pitchblack206

pitchblack206 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6950/flashed
    I have the exact same problem. I have watched that youtube video ( link in the upper posts ) and it nails the problem. I do have a 8800GTS G92 with an Seasonic II 550 Watt PSU. Whats interessting is, is the fact that ONLY with the ATI tool and its 3D app running, i do get that highpitch frequenzy coming from the PSU. What is up with the ATI tool, does the card not get enough power or has it to do wih the rails ? Fact is, my PSU ist new and working great, its only occuring with the ATI tool....

Suggestions? And no, I am NOT going to RMA, nothing is mallfunctioning, it must have somthing to do with interference between the voltage .

7. Caesar69

Caesar69 New Member

I was put off from nvidia chipset motherboards because of the number of problems i was having with sata and constant crashes and now i am put off nvidia graphics cards!Something in the new drivers is causing the problem, maybe the new drivers overclock the card causing the high pitch buzzing noise i dont know, but i know the problem is definately not the power supply! Guess im going to go to ATI for graphics cards from now on ohh well nvidia your loss maybe in future test your hardware and drivers!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  8. Izeliae

Izeliae Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800GTX SLI
    i have a problem like this myself, but its not ati tool that made me notice it

when i run ati tool and see the fuzzy cube, i can BARELY hear it. i cant tell if its the psu or not though.

on the other hand when i run folding at home (which alerted me by having that nice start with windows feature) i get a really annoying noise thats not high enough pitched to be a shrill but definitely noted. it almost sounds like its coming from my harddrive though (opposite side of the case from psu) which is rather unsettling.

anyone with this problem have an amplified effect of atitool by f@h?
    as i said i can barely notice it on ati tool, it just sounds like my fan got faster (although its not a fan)