1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8600 GTS Fan Control?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by titan72, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan72

titan72 New Member

I got a
    Palit/XpertVision Geforce 8600 GTS
    Nvidia ForeWare 171.17
    RivaTuner 2.06

If i try to control the fan with riva, nothing happens!

why!

2. green_meanie

green_meanie Banned

I have a 8600gts in one of my rigs as you read in my other post.

Something happens, just select automatic fan control and hit apply it'll run the fans at 100%. I'm assuming it's a Nvidia driver bug, automatic fan control should let the fans adjust speed automatically but it has the opposite effect if you do this in RT. If I select direct control in RT it does nothing. What I wanted to do was have the fans kick up to 50% in performance 3D mode and go back down to 30% in 2D and that's it. I wasn't looking to do profiles and all that. Also I noticed there's a difference of about 17% between RT and nTune fan percentages. If I select say 45% in nTune RT reports the fan percentage as 62%. For now i'm just leaving it set to automatic in nTune, not worth my time.The fan kicks up by itself anyway when I game for a while.

Basically i'm breaking my balls trying to manually to do what the auto setting does anyway. F*ck it.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

No "F*ck it" styled language here, boy! Quit the subforum yourself please, If I don't moderate the subforum anymore, it doesn't mean that idiots can have a fun here. You still can have an award from other mods.

4. green_meanie

green_meanie Banned

How about an answer to the question for once instead of a drunken tirade or flaming people for not knowing your program as well as you?

5. Unwinder

I'm no longer supporting this forum and the serach will tell you why. So those who cannot get RT working have two choices:

1) Help themselves by using search or wait for help from other users side.
    2) Stop using RT.

Make your choice and stop throwing personal insults or you'll leave this forum.

6. Synther

Synther Banned

I have a similar issue with my BFG 8600GTS using ForceWare version 169.21. When I set a specific percentage of fan speed in Riva Tuner and save for Windows startup, it works fine. But after gaming for a bit, the fan control seems to go back over to auto.

I have it set to auto control now, and I don't see much problem with the temps, but I'm glad to know that someone else is experiencing this.

7. done75

done75 Member

GPU:
    Ati HD 4670 512Mb DDR3
    i'm not an expert of RT,but i think that version 2.06 don't support Forceware drivers 171.xx and 169.21...you have to wait for 2.07 or put old drivers..

PS....i'm waiting for 2.07 too:)

8. Synther

Synther Banned

Yeah, I look forward to 2.07, as well. Though, I'm not sure if it will fix my problem. Tirades about RTFM (that states an issue, then doesn't explain the why of the issue) and "aggressive n00bs" (who simply asked a question because the manual doesn't properly explain it) aside, I've found that the issue may be in how the BFG card is designed. It has it's own thermal checking in the BIOS of the card. Hardware trumps software. So, my next call may be to BFG to see if there is a way to override this. If not, I'll be happy with the auto setting.

9. Unwinder

Dear newbies, you can continue crying, but 2.07 won't help those who cannot read.
    If you suppose that RT's manual doesn't properly explain it - don't use it. And yes, agressive noobs are those who misunderstand something but start giving claims that everything is badly documented etc. Thanks for demonstating live example.

10. Synther

Synther Banned

Are you 10 years old? Or are you just a fat douche with no life that thinks you can get away with insulting people due to your own inadequacies? Your manual sucks and you're an *******.

I will state it again, as clearly as possible for you because you are a bloody vag: Your manual does not explain this problem. Period. Do you ****ing get it now, douchbag?

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That was charming. Banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.