8400m GT problem

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by megahack, Jul 3, 2008.

1. megahack

megahack New Member

GPU:
    8400m gt
    ok, so I recently tried to run the avid media composer 3, but it started crashing every time loading acpl effects showed up on the loading screen.
    suggestions such as using rivatuner to switch the opengl version override to 1.5 didn't work.
    After making some comparisons, I realized that according to GPU-z, the 8400m GT I had matched the Quadro FX 560 (http://www.nvidia.com/page/qfx_el.html: both have 128 Mb of ram, 128 bit memory interface, 19.2 GB/s memory bandwidth, and use pci x16).
    When I tried to use rivatuner to alter the pci device id to a new custom id, the only options available are 0420-042f. (I need a device id of 039c or 039e for fx 560m or fx 560).
    I tried to alter the registry setting (HKLM/system/currentcontrolset/services/nvstrap/parameters/param) to 0x39c000d0 but it didn't work, it interpreted that as 042c, the same goes for 0x0039c0d0.
    So i tried setting the drop down box to quadro instead of custom, rebooted, and found that gpu-z still reports my card as an 8400m GT, and the quadro drivers still won't install... Any help, plz?